Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

JDM tail lights not working properly

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM tail lights not working properly

So the guy I bought my Evo from had installed aftermarket jdm taillights. I wasn't even aware they were doing this till my buddy told me one night after work and I had a look for myself. Whenever the car is in neutral and I apply the brakes the taillights work fine except that the right one is a little brighter than the left but when you put it in 1st through 5th and break the left reverse and blinker lights come on at about 50% brightness. When I put put it in reverse and break the left taillight shuts of completely and the right one turns on the blinker at 50% brightness. I'm pretty new to owning an Evo so I'm still learning. All I did so far was replace the brake lights to see if that would help and it didn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
This would be something to do with wiring of your car, not the tail lights. Maybe a bad connection, bad ground, etc. If you have a friend with an evo I'd swap tail lights, chances are they'll do the same thing.

All evo taillights are plug-and-play unless they're some fancy 3rd party lights with weird features