Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

HID Leveling motor and Fog Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HID Leveling motor and Fog Lights not working

Hey everyone,

So, a few weeks ago i took out my headlights to paint the inner chrome housing black. After I reinstalled them, everything worked fine, but about a few days later the fog lights and HID leveling motor stopped working. Currently, the passenger side light is aiming up towards the sky and the driver side light is aiming down towards the road. The headlights and brights work, but these don't. Not sure if this is related, but when i turn on my headlights, there is no "headlight on" symbol in the dash board. However, if i turn on my brights, it shows the little blue icon in the gauge cluster. Not sure if something shorted out or if something got loose and disconnected. Any help would be great, thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
the leveling is more than likely user error. When you removed your motor cable did you let anything spin? or maybe you installed it back wrong?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO
the leveling is more than likely user error. When you removed your motor cable did you let anything spin? or maybe you installed it back wrong?
I agree, it was probably me . I did touch one of the wires with the gears at the end on one headlight, but I made sure nothing spun at all. Everything was the exact position when i un-installed it. Also, from inside the cabin, when using the little scroll wheel, both headlights do not move at all..

Last edited by 4G63_Crazy; Jul 6, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy
I agree, it was probably me . I did touch one of the wires with the gears at the end on one headlight, but I made sure nothing spun at all. Everything was the exact position when i un-installed it. Also, from inside the cabin, when using the little scroll wheel, both headlights do not move at all..
You gotta pull the headlights and inspect. Post some pics
Old Jul 7, 2017, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO
You gotta pull the headlights and inspect. Post some pics
Alrighty, so apparently, I wasnt the problem I started by checking ALL of the connections going to and from the headlights. Everything was perfect, connected, and I saw no issues... Then I remembered that my fogs and leveling motor magically stopped working after I got some recalls done by the Mitsubishi dealership... So, I decided to take apart some of the dash and found my issue... Well, issues.. Apparently, while they were doing one of the recalls (the airbags), they disconnected a bunch of things and forgot to connect everything back together. So, I connected everything and bam! Fogs and leveling motors started working again. It turned out just to be a quick fix, but gotta wait until night to make sure that the HIDs are leveled properly.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Good find!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Apparently the HIDS are not level... The left side motor moves really slow and stays at "straight" position, but the left HID motor works normally.