Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Strange no start issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Strange no start issue

Recently had some clamps on my turbo/wastegates/downpipe replaced. I drove the car around, ran great, decided I wanted to do my oil change. Pulled up to my house, set the car up and did the oil change. I left the car for the night deciding I'd drive it in the morning.
Fast forward to the next day, go to start it and all it does is crank.
I have: Fuel, injectors are firing(plugs wet), no codes, timing is dead on and all fuses were checked and good.
I don't have: spark, 12v at the coil plugs,any voltage from signal while cranking, a signal in evo scan from the CAS.
Did a voltage test and I get 12v to the CAS and between .6v-5v on the signal wire while cranking the engine by hand. I ordered a CAS sensor as a precaution.
Also did continuity tests on all wires I assumed were associated with my issue and nothing is shorted or fused from what I can tell. My buddy swapped a cam position sensor out of his evo and it didn't change anything.

I do have an aftermarket alarm that was installed by the previous owner. Ungo sr7000. Although I've never had any issue with the system I don't want to count out that it could be part of the issue.
Dual Walbro setup,2150cc injectors,SD, Fully built 2.0

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by wheresmyfknmone; Aug 6, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Check the ignition fuse. It's in the passenger compartment fuse panel, fuse 1 I believe. Can't remember

it's a 10A fuse
Old Aug 7, 2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Check the ignition fuse. It's in the passenger compartment fuse panel, fuse 1 I believe. Can't remember

it's a 10A fuse
All fuses are checked and good.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 07:54 AM

How did you check for the injectors to be firing? Did you use a noid on the injectors? If not then I would recommend getting a noid to test them with and check your CPS and grounds