Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

HKS turbo timer Help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HKS turbo timer Help

Hey everyone,

Just installed my hks turbo timer.. its the older design with the four buttons and I'm not sure if it's working wrong or if I'm just stupid and don't know how to use it. I've been fiddling with it for over 2 hours and for some reason, the car will only shut off after half a second. If I set the timer anything higher, it will still shut off after half a second, like it's not registering the time I put in. But if I set it to 0 seconds, the car shuts of normally. Is there a set button or something that confirms the time?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I would check the hand-brake sensor cable, might be loose and not be reading that the turbotimer should actually do his job. As consequence the car shuts off without delay
Old Dec 3, 2018, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by patric78
I would check the hand-brake sensor cable, might be loose and not be reading that the turbotimer should actually do his job. As consequence the car shuts off without delay
Yep that was the issue! Most have gotten loose when installing everything, thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy
Yep that was the issue! Most have gotten loose when installing everything, thanks!
Good, I'm happy I could be helpfull