Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Instrument Cluster Dead

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument Cluster Dead

So ive searched and searched for answers but I cant figure it out. I put a new radio in my Evo 8, which already had one so all I did was disconnect the battery, unplug the harness, and then plug the new radio in and done. I then reconnected the battery and turned the key on to check the radio, which worked perfectly fine but for some reason my Instrument panel seems to be dead, the only lights that work on it are the high beam, running lights, and door open light. Now all of my lights are off on my dash as well as the needles for my rpm and speedo. Also none of my window switches work as well. The car started just fine and I drove to the store (with no rpms or speedo lol) and it did fine but then when I got back in the car to leave my car wouldn't start, youd turn the key and the fuel pump would just prime, after about 15 attempts the car started but cranked for a while and it normally starts perfect first crank. I can not find any relays or fuses that were blown that would cause this and I don't see any loose wires anywhere. I'm just lost as to how I have all of these problems just from switching my radio when I have done it plenty of times before. I took somebodys bad project upon myself and have been relentlessly replacing parts and fixing problems but this one I just cant wrap my head around Please help, I need to get this car fixed soon as I start school for Auto Mechanics (ironically) in a few weeks. Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 06:50 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I would probably start by unplugging the stereo and see if that changes anything.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 06:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Dylan @Dylan_EVO8

Welcome aboard the boards

Have you tried removing this newly installed radio to determine if the removal will re-activate the dash?

I was going to mention fuses but you have checked the panel under the left dash?

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jun 4, 2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I would probably start by unplugging the stereo and see if that changes anything.
Yes, I have removed the radio and its still dead, That's what makes me believe it caused a short or blew a fuse and I have checked fuses but I cant seem to find the one that's blown. I cant find which ones are related to the cluster.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:50 PM

Yes I did remove the radio and its still dead and I have checked fuses but I didn't find any blown ones unless im not checking the right ones I guess