Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

evo fuel pump harness replacement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy evo fuel pump harness replacement

good day,

I am in the process of installing a walbro 450 fuel pump in my evo 5. Unfortunately when i pulled the old fuel pump out, it was evident that the old owner
hasnt done that great of a job on the old one. The Fuel pump harness that connects the fuel pump to the hanger assembly is not useable.

I have found that STMTUNED sell a harness for an evo 7-9 but nothing for the 4-6. Does anybody know if the harnesses work in the 4-6? or are the plugs
completely different?

https://stmtuned.com/products/fuel-p...-oem-evo-7-8-9

The link above is for the replacement harness in question.

kind regards
Muhammad Vadia
Old Jun 13, 2019, 06:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello / Welcome @vadia

I certainly do not know, but i will tag one of our better fuel pump members @2006EvoIXer

The guys on the MLR forum would likely know. That forum has many more of the older model EvO owners there

Joe
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
I have no idea about evo 5. Do you have a picture of your harness? We just need to look at the connectors to compare. If different, then you have to search for the correct connector and switch on that STM unit. Spoolin Up has been amazing at finding weird connectors, so they would be a great source.

Originally Posted by vadia
good day,

I am in the process of installing a walbro 450 fuel pump in my evo 5. Unfortunately when i pulled the old fuel pump out, it was evident that the old owner
hasnt done that great of a job on the old one. The Fuel pump harness that connects the fuel pump to the hanger assembly is not useable.

I have found that STMTUNED sell a harness for an evo 7-9 but nothing for the 4-6. Does anybody know if the harnesses work in the 4-6? or are the plugs
completely different?

https://stmtuned.com/products/fuel-p...-oem-evo-7-8-9

The link above is for the replacement harness in question.

kind regards
Muhammad Vadia
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Jun 13, 2019)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 06:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Well said there Don. Great advice

We dont necessarily need the EvO5 pump details, just take a look at plug and compare

If the connectors are the same, good chance the connection priority's will be the same?