Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My project begins...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you not using a filter at all? You should have ditched the stock tank too It cleans the hell out of under the car. On top of that it is amazing how huge the harness is for the stupid tank stuff.

Last edited by TrinaBabe; Mar 6, 2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was the hidden mod! I was thinking about going with the same turbo but it needs alot of fab work! Great job on the project cant wait to see final results!!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Are you not using a filter at all? You should have ditched the stock tank too It cleans the hell out of under the car. On top of that it is amazing how huge the harness is for the stupid tank stuff.
Yea the filter is after the pump.

I told yah! If you race, and you switch out to a cell, you are automatically put into a different class. (A class I have NO chance at competing with.)
Hence I kept the stock tanks

I haven't run the pump yet, but I know it's loud. I'm going to use the AEM to control the speed of the pump (so hopefully it won't be as loud, extend the life, and won't heat the fuel.) Rubber bushings are a good idea.

You might be able to see, but I put a splash screen up from the wheel. Figured it wouldn't hurt to help prevent rocks or whatever flying around.

Trina, are you running AEM or MoTec or what?
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

As for the hidden mod, look underneath the windshield wiper arms
Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

this is going to be a one of a kind evo thats for sure
Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

AEM, I liked the splash screen you fabbed up. I will most likely do the same.

As for controlling the speed of the pump.... it does get "quiter" but it is still stupid loud. I would strongly recommend using rubber bushings on it. I will try to get some on mine to see the difference and let ya know.

Are you going to drag race the car or what type of racing are you going for?
Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Daily driver, drag on weekends. My overall theme is as sleeper. (Well, as sleeper as an evo can be.)
Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Well if you arent going to race it in a series who cares what class your in? Or does your local track make you run in certain classes or what? Most just run it depending on thier ET.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. At this point, I just want the pos to start!

Saying that, I opted to go this way because I didn't want to rule myself out of something down the road.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

*******!!!! It powered on!!!!! Didn't start it, but I powered on the ecu!!!!

I dunno how it remembered my mileage tho!!!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

There is a chip on the back of the guage cluster You aint gonna get it to forget.

Glad its coming back together! You powered it on at 1:00am... your like me I guess.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, I guess I just figured it was stored in the ECU. Guess I just never thought about it much.

I do some of my best work inbetween the hours of 10 and 3 =D
Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Its funny, it always seems so overwhelming when you first start a R&R.. once everything comes apart you realize how easy it is to work on this car...

Totally agree. After you've done something once, you realize most things are not that difficult. Especially when you are young and full of energy. (if you happen to be to broke to pay for labor, that helps to lol).
Old May 12, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Wow it's been a while since I've updated this thread.

So in the past month or so, I've been fighting the fabricator to pay for some damage he did while working on the car. He eventually came around and it's now resolved, but I still get when I think about it. [rant] When will people learn that accidents happen, it's how you deal with them that makes you the person you are. [/rant] So needless to say, F'em, and we got a new fabricator.

Next up, the body shop guy. Our body shop guy does some fantastic work. He's a perfectionist which seems to be a good trait. However, that whole idea has come to bite me in the ***. He's had my hood, front fenders, and front bumper for almost a year now. Yea, they still aren't done. So, I'm going to talk to him today and see what the plan is. But, I'm about |_| close to pullin the plug on him and taking my stuff elsewhere. So if you know of anyone in the SE WI area that's proficient in aluminum welding and body work (no bondo or lead) let me know.

So yea, that's that. But there is some good news. I got my *** in gear and put everything back together. With the help of kcevo, last night, we got the motor just about primed, but then I fried out a ground wire. Oh, and I had a small leak on the fuel rail, which was spitting fuel all over . (Re seating the rail solved that.) Hopefully I'll get the rest of my stuff together this weekend and we can get it started up.
Old May 12, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DANG you've been on thise car for a year+.... dang thats pretty insane!! sorry to hear your drama about your FABRICATOR i would of been pissed as well..PLus your BODY SHOP guy you have too deal with that had your hood, fenders & front bumper for a year!!! thas pushing it a lil..i say try too look for someone else unless he's already started on it...or you cant find anyone... but yea CANT WAIT TOO SEEE YOUR EVO FINISHED!!! KEEP US POSTED!! AS YOU HAVE BEEEN

Quick Reply: My project begins...