Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

boost leak?? or exhaust leak???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost leak?? or exhaust leak???

Well heres the deal. I recently installed the buschur FMIC with piping i also have a short ram intake with a boost controller. Everything was fine for a week or 2 then i had to take part of the upper piping off. Put everything back on took it out for a ride hit full boost blew the hose off the throttlebody.... no big deal i had my ratchet put it back on tighted it a little better ever since then its been sqeeking like a leak. Tighted all the clamps everything else was tight still no dice. Called a friend he came over with his boost pressurizer tester thingy, pressurized the system to 20 psi no leak whats so ever im stumped. Second gues maybe its an exhaust leak i have o2 housing 3 inch all the way back, but if it was exhaust related wouldnt you hear it when you rev at stand still. Its only when the car is under load driving starts at around 5psi and just gets LOUDER as it build but it still builds boost

HELP ME PLEASE thanks a bunch nick
Old Feb 17, 2005, 03:57 PM

leak????

ok here's how you find a leak, you buy some brake cleaner it comes in a green can you can find it at pep boys for like $0.99 spray near any part of your car you worked on if your engine makes a squeeling noise then thats your leak. i work on bmw's and i find leaks all the time by it. well hope you find it.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

An exhaust leak whould be more of a ticking fart sound.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

im gonna check out the o2 housing tommorow maybe the weld cracked. I brought a friend for a ride that knows wrx's well he said it sounds just like when theres an up pipe leak....so he thinks its the o2 housing, thats gonna suck that was a *****!!! to put in blah anyway .....any more suggestions or info would be verry helpful. Im gonna try the brake clean trick thanks

nick
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

o2 housing seems to be fine no cracks that i can see. im stumped any other suggestions