Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Screaming turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screaming turbo?

ok i went to the strip this weekend, and i did alot of runs. i noticed this last night, but didn't think much of untill tonight. in 1st and 2nd gear at full boost, it seems as if my turbo is screaming out in pain, i have been boosting 21psi, and have had no issues. also when i am slowing down and i down shift i am hearing a pop like a hose is loose to the IC or something.

i am afraid i may be running a little lean, my egt read 14.5 and i know that is a little high, i am going to replace my fuel pump for 255lp walbro and i hope it helps, just curious what everyone thought about this.

this is only in first and second gear all other gears full boost is no prob, one other thing i noticed the day after my track runs. my boost used to hit 22 and taper to 21 which held to redline, now my boost hits 19 and jumps to 21 which it holds to redline.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:06 PM

I had a similar problem, fixed with tightening the lower intercooler bolts. Hope this helps
Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:11 PM

the whole problem or just and if so which part, the turbo noise is what i am most worried about right now