Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed Megan Manifold, O2 housing, and 10.5 Hotside

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enjoy,
Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo007
I wouldn't call it easy. But it wasn't really difficult either. Just plan on a whole saturday. You have to go under the car and take off your downpipe. Then take off heat shield on the manny. Take off the manifold (this takes a little pulling and jiggling). After that is the hard part. You have to take the heat shield off the O2 housing. I ended up cutting the damn thing apart because I couldn't get the bolt out of the side next to the air conditioner. At that point you take the clamp off the turbo and pull the hotside off and out with the O2 housing attached. After that everything goes back on really easy.
I jus currently did an install of an o2 hosuing and 10.5 hotside this weekend as well.....It was not easy but was not difficul either, although I did have help of a good friend who is very handy when it comes to DIY jobs, so that helped out a lot.....just wanted to say that you can get away without pulling out the heatshield on the o2 housing, I was able to take the hotside and o2 housin with the heat shield of my car...

One thing I suggest is that you be careful when taking some of these bolts off as some of them got stripped when I was taking the bolts from the stock 02 housing and hotside, so if your real careful you wont need to buy new bolts/studs....i do recomend you buy 2 bolts from the turbo to mani so you dont ahve to reuse the studs, made the install little bit easier....

As far as how it performs I cant really feel a like WOW huge difference, but I do feel it pull stronger up top....I got the hotside for 185 and o2 housin for 80 so $265 shipped i think it was well worth the time maybe not at this point, but perhaps later on when i add alky to the car......Before this I put down 321whp and 304tq on AFC II, 272s, TBE, fmic....

So alky i should have by end of this month hopefully, then i will dyno tune, i will ask to get a BASE run before and mods are done to the car to see if it picked up anything alone by just adding those 2 things on...

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share my thuoghts/experience/future plans who are looking to do this mod, if you can give me about 1 month i should have dynoed already and have the results to see if these 2 things added any extra power just by bolting on.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:48 AM

woord

Last edited by redevo4u; Sep 22, 2006 at 01:51 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone have the kindess to post all the parts number for the nuts, bolts ect.... I have no dealership here and would like to order it.

Thanks