Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Bolt in turbo... FP White Rabbit.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
FWIW, this is *THE* turbo I have been patiently waiting for since I got word of its development. I wish I was included in the development efforts but I'm not near any of the folks who were working on it.

I have been reluctant to make any major changes to my car considering how well it ran the way it sits. If I actually could afford to purchase this turbo right now, I would have bought it 2 weeks ago when I first got word they were becoming available.

Like I said, not that my opinion means much, but this turbo WILL be the turbo I will be running on my car once I can afford it. (Anyone want to send me a free turbo? hehe)
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With cams and alky injection I think it may be a smart move to beef up the internals before you start running that kind of torque. This is a real turning point in the "evolution" of aftermarket Evo development. We are getting into the power lovels at which all the weak links will be found quickly. I am doing rods, pistons and some head work before I move into this power range.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
FWIW, this is *THE* turbo I have been patiently waiting for since I got word of its development. I wish I was included in the development efforts but I'm not near any of the folks who were working on it.

I have been reluctant to make any major changes to my car considering how well it ran the way it sits. If I actually could afford to purchase this turbo right now, I would have bought it 2 weeks ago when I first got word they were becoming available.

Like I said, not that my opinion means much, but this turbo WILL be the turbo I will be running on my car once I can afford it. (Anyone want to send me a free turbo? hehe)
I wish you were closer then Jack, I knew you were coming down, but it wasn't quite soon enough. When I did make the offer, it was the best I had, or could say at the time.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They have a core from me already that was waiting to be converted.......maybe I need to give them a call.......
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Also, to all of my "LOCAL" customers, give me a shout before you place your order...
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeus
I wish you were closer then Jack, I knew you were coming down, but it wasn't quite soon enough. When I did make the offer, it was the best I had, or could say at the time.
I know.. For me everything going on with my upcoming relocation has been wreaking havoc with my ability to work on projects and test parts. Rest assured I will be getting one of these.. I just wish I had the disposable income to be able to test things like this in the same way I was this time last year. I'd really like to see this thing tuned with my blowthrough setup and a UTEC..
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok is there any magic HP number that this turbo will put down compared to stock? Is it good for something like 30-40 more HP?

I make 346whp 93oct on a dynojet with roughly a Vishnu Stage 1+ with 10.5 hotside.(Cams, Cam gears, 10.5, O2 housing, 3" exhaust, no cat, XEDE/XEDE Flash, MR BOV, K&N Drop-in, Walbro, everything else is stock. Is it safe to say that I would see the same results that were posted here?
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

That depends on your tuner. I'm guessing 380's to 390's on the DynoJet with your mods and a good tune. However, your current tune is going to be WAY off... and you would need injectors. Trust me, I tried it.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the injectors, what size do you think? Would 680's be sufficient for this application? Also, any specific brand? I'm going to go pay for my clutch today at lunch and can probably get the shop to give a little break on the injectors if I know which ones I want.

Thanks,

Tony
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gestalt
With cams and alky injection I think it may be a smart move to beef up the internals before you start running that kind of torque. This is a real turning point in the "evolution" of aftermarket Evo development. We are getting into the power lovels at which all the weak links will be found quickly. I am doing rods, pistons and some head work before I move into this power range.
I'm not an expert and others can chime in but I think upgraded head studs should be enough to run this turbo with cams+alky. Hopefully this is true or someone can try it out
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Heres mine.

Buschur Stage 4 HKS 272's running 93 octane on run #16. 93 octane and Methanol Runs # 35,36, & 37.
Attached Thumbnails New Bolt in turbo... FP White Rabbit.-rabbitmax.jpg   New Bolt in turbo... FP White Rabbit.-meth.jpg  

Last edited by VTECH8TR; Jun 16, 2005 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

zeus, i'll be at precision, may i have a ride in your car after the turbotrix tune;?

This looks like the turbo for ME. I've heard a lot of good things about this from locals.

need bigger injectors if you're running methanol injection, or is that enough fuel?

Last edited by HiHeatEVO; Jun 16, 2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
anyone want to buy my girlfriend for 1500$ ?????????????????
post pics
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Derec,

Hell, I'll give you a ride in mine too! Hehehehehehehe...... cuz I'll have the ALKY!!!

Sorry, I'm getting a little giddy about this now.........

Talk to you later,

Tony
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, does this mean I'll have an alcoholic rabbit?!

The Animal Defense League might not like that very much........ ahhhh, who gives a crap!

Tony

Quick Reply: New Bolt in turbo... FP White Rabbit.