Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

*NEW* Buschur Racing Shifter Bushings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about an MR version?

Deetz.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

How easy are these to replace? Are there any instructions? thx
When I shift fast from 1st to 2nd it feels like I hit a wall and won't go into 2nd. sux!
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fareastkorean
are these on the website as well? I want to order these asap!!! I have paypal!
I just put them up about 5 min. ago. Here is the link: http://www.buschurracing.com/cgi-bin....cgi?21X376545 They are the 6th item down the list. Thank you

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodave
bump for a baller item! PM me ....i need a set!
(J-rod pops his collar & dusts his shoulders off) And sends a PM!
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like I'll be adding yet another item of stuff to get while I'm deployed. You guys keep putting out new stuff that I've been looking for, all my tax free money will be gone.

Pete
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
will this help me with my shifting... I noticed when I shift to 1st to 2nd, and 3rd to 4th I have to shifter harder now and its harder for it to lock in place..... I want more accurate quick shifting and if this will help I might buy
I would say it may help. What kind of clutch do you have in the car? Its also possibilty it could be a damaged synchro or could need a clutch adjustment.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Deetz
What about an MR version?

Deetz.
These will work in the MR as well.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Taimur
How easy are these to replace? Are there any instructions? thx
When I shift fast from 1st to 2nd it feels like I hit a wall and won't go into 2nd. sux!
Yes these will come with instructions and take about an hour to install. Not to bad at all.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Bought.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I would say it may help. What kind of clutch do you have in the car? Its also possibilty it could be a damaged synchro or could need a clutch adjustment.

I'm having the same problem and I have the ACT. Can't seem to quick shift at high rpm. Tried adjusting it already but no luck. Normal driving it shifts fine. Do you know if this is related to synchro if it shifts fine under normal driving?

Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GOKOU
I'm having the same problem and I have the ACT. Can't seem to quick shift at high rpm. Tried adjusting it already but no luck. Normal driving it shifts fine. Do you know if this is related to synchro if it shifts fine under normal driving?

Thanks.
We have seen a few customers with ACT's come in with problems. We have also had a few customers that needed tranny rebuilds who were running the ACT. A good friend / customer of mine was running a ACT and was having alot of shifting problems ( not being able to get the car in gear, grinding, and popping out of gear) under hard, and normal driving conditions and he is one that needed a tranny rebuild because over time, and with hard driving the tranny and clutch were just trashed.

I personally only recommend the Exedy Twin / Triple Plate ( triple is mostly for higher hp applications) clutches to customers because we have had NO problems at all related to these. I know it is quite a bit more than other clutches on the market but the Exedy clutches are simply....BAD ***. It makes the trans. shift so much smoother than stock. With these bushings and a Exedy Twin the car feels so much better, and is 10x times smoother shifting over stock.

Dont get me wrong the ACT, and other clutches on the market are not bad by no means at all and i'm not saying the tranny problems are coming from the clutch. I and the others here at the shop personally perfer the Exedy. I like to only sell what I would put in my own vehicle. And this I feel is the only clutch I would use. Like I said I know the Exedy is more money now but what will it cost later if problems occur? Tranny Rebuild, Cost of another clutch, labor for installation and removal the first time, and time(s) after. It will get alot more pricey than what we sell the clutch for. The plus side of running the Exedy is that it can be rebuilt so IF you have any problem you can just replace the internals for a small amount and be on your way.

Like I had mentioned before these bushings may help but if there is tranny damage it will still feel close to the same.

I'm not trying to sell you another clutch i'm putting a bit of info out there on what we have seen here. Anyone that you talk to that has an Exedy I can almost gurantee they will tell you they are happy they spent the money.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Here you go .....Taimur install
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php...125801164ca93d
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The advantage to the hardened aluminum over the brass is the weight. I know, I know, what is a little weight difference, well it all adds up. They also cost us a little less to manufacture so we could be more competitive on the pricing. I am guessing the weight is less than half of brass by just holding them both in my hand.

The advantage to these is it firms up the feel of the shifter. The factory rubber bushings are not only soft and ruin the feel of the shifter but they have also been failing and coming out of the factory shift cables. When they come out the transmission will not shift. When our bushings are installed correctly there is no chance of this happening.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DUROEVO
Thanks but that was for the inside bushings. The two here are the underhood bushing.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

My bushings came in the mail on Friday and went on the car on Sat. Install is pretty straighforward. The bushings come with instructions, which are well written and clear. Good job to Buschur Team. The only comment I have is that the machining of my set appears a bit imprecise. The lower (bigger) bushing went in with a lot of room while the upper one (smaller) was very tight and I had to wrestle with it to get it in for a good while.

Overall the shifting 'feel' has much improved. The engagment is quicker and feels more precise. Good mod for the $.

Filip

Quick Reply: *NEW* Buschur Racing Shifter Bushings