Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best valves and springs?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 06:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zeus, angry? Not hardly my MO to say the least... Feel free to PM me if the subject need be addressed farther... it's already beat this thread to death regardless of motive.

For what it is worth... I do not tolerate dishonesty... personal, or professional. I've already severed ties with vendors over such issues. I won't stop now.

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 17, 2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaun@SG
I am aware who Gordon Blair and Hans Hermann are. They are legends in the upper echelons of the racing world - which is why I am quite sure they have better things to be doing than be working for a cam company that serves the lowly (relative to F1 and the likes) import enthusiast market.

Last I knew, Hans Hermann helping Eibach out with their race valvespring designs. That's what he does.. people consult him.

Is Hans Hermann a full time employee of Revolver Cams? Yes or no? It was implied that he is. "OUR engineer..."
Or is your company merely consulting with him and paying him for his advice or design work?

Please just explicitly answer the questions and I will go away.
I used to work for Eibach. I managed their motorsports program for 5+ years. Hans is a personal friend of mine and a partner in our business....REVOLVER CAMS. Yes, He works and is a part owner in our company. I am not one to spread BS. Thanks for the check though! Obviously, you are an individual who is very aware of who's who in the top levels of professional motorsports, I think that is cool, and fairly rare these days!

take care,

Beau
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Well thanks for the info! I have to say I am extremely surprised that a person dabbling in F1 and other high level motorsports would want to design cams for the import enthusiast. Why don't you advertize this association in the About page on your website? I'm sure it would bring more business. I for one would hardly consider any competitor product if I knew that Hans Hermann was designing your stuff.

Thanks for being tolerant and sorry for being suspicious. What heightened the suspicion was a previous post where you and/or one of your employees went listing closed and open pressures in wrong units (lb/in) and for a while even argued that the specs were right. I thought it was quite an elementary mistake to make especially for an F1 caliber company. Kind of like previously mentioned UK Evo tuner fraud who was uncovered after leaving tell tale signs like getting the definitions of speed density and mass air systems completely wrong. I guess top level companies still do make basic mistakes. Still strikes me as weird though because I see many sub-F1 level companies who are consistently precise in everything they advise or publish.

I have a paper by Hans Hermann here that I have a few questions on. Perhaps you could help me out. It is mainly just graph legend detail that have been lost in the photocopying process (color to B&W), along with unspecified constants in connecting rod oil delivery estimation and quick clarification on the nominal port velocity and size calculations. It will take no more than 5 minutes of your or his time.

Cheers
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Sure, I would be glad to help you out. In fact he is staying with me this week, as the final World Challenge race was @ Laguna this last weekend and we had a few things to work on before he went back home. PM me and I will talk to him about your questions tonight and PM the response back.

I certainly appreciate your honesty and keeping us and any others out there in check. We founded this company with the sole purpose of providing well thought out products that actually work. We are in it for the heart (we are all enthusiasts in the company), and not just here to make a quick buck....quality over quantity will always be part of our philosophy. I am glad to know that there are people like you out there, I think that it ultimately it is what is best for the customer even though they might not be aware of it.

As far as our website goes, we are currently working on a new one
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Shaun,

What's so bad about being an import enthusiast?

You can't drive a Minardi to work!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

What heightened the suspicion was a previous post where you and/or one of your employees went listing closed and open pressures in wrong units (lb/in) and for a while even argued that the specs were right.
Cheers
Shaun,

Thanks for catching my typo, I am a human and make mistakes too. I am not sure where we/I argued about it.

take care
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

I am aware who Gordon Blair and Hans Hermann are. They are legends in the upper echelons of the racing world - which is why I am quite sure they have better things to be doing than be working for a cam company that serves the lowly (relative to F1 and the likes) import enthusiast market.
believe it or not it is actually quite difficult to make cams for road cars - almost more so than race applications. We ask a lot of our streetcars these days, idle-emissions-low end torque-durability-etc, and its not always easy to get the whole package.

Last I knew, Hans Hermann helping Eibach out with their race valvespring designs. That's what he does.. people consult him.

Is Hans Hermann a full time employee of Revolver Cams? Yes or no? It was implied that he is. "OUR engineer..."
Or is your company merely consulting with him and paying him for his advice or design work?

Please just explicitly answer the questions and I will go away.
we dont want you to go away........ you have some excellent points.

Old Oct 30, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
mttam510,
Zeus man... Z-E-U-S!

No Problem

My engine builder does everything from 1.6L Honda's to full mega ProStock engines. I was impressed that he liked them.

Its ZEUS, not Jesus, do I look Puerto Rican to you? He said "Hey, Zeus!", my name is Zeus, father of Apollo...dont F%CK with me or I'll shove a lightnin bolt up your a$$, ZEUS!

Sorry, I just pictured Sam Jackson in Die Hard with a vengance sayin that...