Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which BOV w/ Injen Intake System?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The Injen costs more than the HKS RS anyway, so this thread didn't make sense to begin with. A million people have the stock air box with an aftermarket bov, including many on this board as has been discussed many times. We've told you time and time again not to get this mod first, because you don't need one unless you're running higher boost. Without making more power and running higher boost, you have no need for a new BOV. If you absolutely must have one, then get the JDM MR DV for $110 from NoLimitMotorsports...or buy a very cheap used one off a IX owner who upgrades to an expensive aftermarket one. If you decide on APS, you won't be disappointed as far as performance, but it just costs more than double the other one I mentioned.
please tell me where you fine a Injen cheaper than the HKS Race Version??? I have seen the hks for about 305 and injen for about 250/..hmm
Old Oct 17, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's all that matters. If paying $400 to look nice in the engine bay is OK with you, then don't worry about what we say. We prefer to gain lots of power with no detriment to our driveability and power delivery when spending $400. You say you got a little more hp...do you have a dynograph to show that? Do you know what affect it had on your AFRs or how smooth your power is through the entire powerband?
No I have never had my car on a dyno, and no I have never had it at the track (mainly for the fact that this car was not meant to just be driven in a strait line). Here is what I do know: After placing it on there wasn't much of a difference, but after I got a tune for it there was a world of difference.

Like I said, I know how hell bent everyone is on this issue, especially you. All I am saying is that I felt a difference. My mpg gallon also went up to 24-25 mpg, and with gas at the price it is at it was well worth my $300.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

does anybody know if a greddy type s will fit onto a injen and does it sound good and how well does it work with an injen?
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

i think greddy would really good to and it will go with it
Old Nov 24, 2005, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ride22
No I have never had my car on a dyno, and no I have never had it at the track (mainly for the fact that this car was not meant to just be driven in a strait line). Here is what I do know: After placing it on there wasn't much of a difference, but after I got a tune for it there was a world of difference.

Like I said, I know how hell bent everyone is on this issue, especially you. All I am saying is that I felt a difference. My mpg gallon also went up to 24-25 mpg, and with gas at the price it is at it was well worth my $300.
amen.

i've been running the forge (old unit) and it's held boost just fine, etc, but on track (road course), it flutters BAAAAAAAAAAD.

have to swap before the next event. Stock one leaks, and broke, so thats not an option.

and as far as the injen, i've had bad experiences with stock piping on cars, just seems to be my luck, a solid pipe tends to last longer and not get holes like the rubberized/plastic mix that some use.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rExTuHfEr
stock or JDM DV.....anything else is a waste unless.....
I agree, I wouldnt keep the stock one though..but anything is better than VTA
Old Nov 24, 2005, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i got a custom BOV overnighted from japan and it goes "BOOM!!! SHAKA LAKA BOOM!" LOL! dont flame me warrtalon i was only playing!
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

warralton is right.. Injen costs more than HKS raciing suction kit, but that is becasue the injen includes the intercooler pipe. Injen is CARB legeal I believe. I would stick to HKS just because its japanese and it must make some serious power (not carb legal).

Just my 2 cents
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, get the HKS because its mad tight JDM yo!

The HKS filter is garbage.

I love my Injen.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

nothing wrong with jdm
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

I got the HKS RS with a JDM MR BOV and love the combo but the Injen Combo is a pretty nice deal since it comes with the UICP. I agree that an intake shouldn't be your first mod but when you add some more of the typical bolt ons and get it tuned its will be worth it.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
I got the HKS RS with a JDM MR BOV and love the combo but the Injen Combo is a pretty nice deal since it comes with the UICP. I agree that an intake shouldn't be your first mod but when you add some more of the typical bolt ons and get it tuned its will be worth it.
exactly.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 04:33 AM

when you say 24-25mpg your talking highway right? or is that city?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:46 PM

I know this thread has been dead for about a week. However, I have the Injen intake system and I'm in the market for a new BOV and have been considering buying the APS BOV. Before I do so I would like to see some pics with the BOV installed. I've been searching for the past 2 hrs and can only find pics with the stock intake and the stock ic pipes.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:49 PM
Account Disabled

It will bolt up fine as long as your stocker does and that it does. I personally like the JDM MR BOV as you can pick them up for around 100. Save the cash and put it elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Which BOV w/ Injen Intake System?