Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Short video demonstrating an aggressive 2-step misfiring system =]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats bada$$.... what all is done to that car..
Old Dec 2, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!!!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm could a vendor shed some light on this? Im still really curious exactly what these things do.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Wow it looks like you have a gun mounted under your car. That is what I need for traffic

On a serious side. Is this for launching the car, or is it for driving the car on something like a road course, like in Initial D and with earlier Evos.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not positive what this is used for but this is standard on WRC cars I believe.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
THis is used for lauching the car in a drag race. ALS is different, but sounds a little similar.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Craziness! I love it!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

There's lots of advantages in using this system...

1. Builds boost with no load on the engine... allowing for a very hard launch from a stop.

2. Allows flat-foot shifting and maintains boost in between shifts allowing for very short recovery times.

3. Allows for an aggressive driving style on any road course by never going out of boost, even when decelerating.

It's a topic that's been discussed time after time everywhere... including on EvoM. Just be careful... very careful. There's a lot of things that can break and explode at the insanely high EGT's you'll be spitting out.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
There's lots of advantages in using this system...

3. Allows for an aggressive driving style on any road course by never going out of boost, even when decelerating....
How does modifying the spark to create misfire build boost during deceleration?

I think you are confusing it with Anti-Lag Systems, which inject fuel straight into the exhaust manifold during deceleration, spooling the turbo up to full boost. That is not what this video is.

Not being a smartass...if I am mistaken, please educate me.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

all i know is that kyouichi uses it in his evoiii in initial d =p and is only utilized (legal) in rallycross. ct9a gsr, you have a nice car and made some nice vids, when can we see some more?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
all i know is that kyouichi uses it in his evoiii in initial d =p and is only utilized (legal) in rallycross. ct9a gsr, you have a nice car and made some nice vids, when can we see some more?
Yeah I saw that too, and I think they refer to it as "Mis-Firing System" on there too, but the english translation is a little lacking as I recall. I need to go back and watch it again, I didn't understand what all that was back then. I've heard that it's best to watch it in the original format with subtitles as opposed to the "upgraded" english-dubbed version with cheesier music. (the latter being the version I watched)
Old Dec 3, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

In the japanese version of the show they said "Misfiring system" I do not believe the Japanese have a word for this becuase Keisuke clearly says Misfiring system instead of a japanese word in its place.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Assuming you have this system activated by the clutch switch... while entering a turn you can push in the clutch while using a heel-toe technique so you activate the 2-step while braking... allowing you to stay in positive boost so when you exit the turn, you pop the clutch out back in gear and maintain boost. It's a versatile system, just quite aggressive on the car.

My car's in the process of a long winter build. I haven't driven it in almost a month and won't be able to drive it until around Christmas or so. However, after I'm done with the build, you can fully expect me and a couple of buddies going out and having fun with other cars in the Atlanta area... one of my buddy's being a 1200whp Supra. =]
Old Dec 3, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WillEatUrSTi
In the japanese version of the show they said "Misfiring system" I do not believe the Japanese have a word for this becuase Keisuke clearly says Misfiring system instead of a japanese word in its place.
correct. In Japanese it is simply *misufayaringu shisutemu* misfiring system. Which, incidentally, is available as an option on many after market ECU systems in Japan. I've seen a few in mountain racing here and there - its definately something that'll get your attention.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Killboy, to anwer you question, it's doesn't modify the spark. It randomly cuts the spark from a cylinder in effect spraying a cylinder's fuel into the manifold un-ignited(aka raw). So in effect an ALS and Misfire do the same thing but by different means.

Quick Reply: Short video demonstrating an aggressive 2-step misfiring system =]