Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Article - Answers for everybody!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great article very informative
Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:42 PM

Great thanks a lot bro. Wow ever question answered. Thanks
Old May 7, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

A question I'd like to know the answer to is :Is ACD a worthwhile addition, or just a useless fluffy gadget?

the reason I bought an AWD car is becasue I want AWD. not AWD after 2-3 or 3-4 seconds...

I am disappointed that ACD doesn't alter the torque split like the DCCD on the STi does. it's like Mitsu responded to DCCD with a totally useless function.
Old May 7, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont think its useless i like the way it keeps the rear end in check in slippery conditions if u switch to gravel or snow. i dont use it as much as my wife does. i like the safety it provides her. i kinda like when the rear gets out a little.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what if one was to take out the acd, the pump and the computer for it, would you then need the new front t-case and then would it be full time 50-50
Old May 10, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike1023
what if one was to take out the acd, the pump and the computer for it, would you then need the new front t-case and then would it be full time 50-50
It is 50/50 full time already. The ACD does not change the power split at all only the locking state(the time it takes for the diff to lock up). Vishnu is working on a user tuneable ACD computer that will be like their XEDE and give the user control over the way their ACD acts. There is no way to change the power split of the ACD(unless you were using a diff designed to change the power split such as the rumored Cusco 60/40 diff)
Old May 10, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thetox
It is 50/50 full time already. The ACD does not change the power split at all only the locking state(the time it takes for the diff to lock up). Vishnu is working on a user tuneable ACD computer that will be like their XEDE and give the user control over the way their ACD acts. There is no way to change the power split of the ACD(unless you were using a diff designed to change the power split such as the rumored Cusco 60/40 diff)

put can i remove the system complety like the pump the acd computer and then get a diff slip, or is that not posible.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Im sure it is possible, but why would you want to do that? I have not seen anyone do it as of yet but anything is possible.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thetox
Im sure it is possible, but why would you want to do that? I have not seen anyone do it as of yet but anything is possible.

one thing i dont think it is really needed for a road race car, also drag as well its lot a of weight.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:53 AM

wow one hell of info for as a noob to the evo community...

nice researching bro..
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

That's a lot of reading but there's some excellent info. Thanks for the post
Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:

D. ACD unit fault – 3 solid lights

When your ACD unit has all three lights on at the same time (other than at startup), this means your car is reporting back to Mitsubishi headquarters that your warranty should be voided… Just kidding. As stated in your owners manual, this denotes some kind of error in the unit and it needs to be serviced. To service the ACD you need a very special, and very expensive tool from Mitsubishi. This tool is used to engage the ACD pump to bleed the lines. You may run into this issue if you are changing out your transfercase. (6)

Are you absolutely shure that the ACD cannot be serviced without that expensive tool??? I've heard of methods, that although very tedious, can work without takeng it to the dealership.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Talonmotosports
Quote:

D. ACD unit fault – 3 solid lights

When your ACD unit has all three lights on at the same time (other than at startup), this means your car is reporting back to Mitsubishi headquarters that your warranty should be voided… Just kidding. As stated in your owners manual, this denotes some kind of error in the unit and it needs to be serviced. To service the ACD you need a very special, and very expensive tool from Mitsubishi. This tool is used to engage the ACD pump to bleed the lines. You may run into this issue if you are changing out your transfercase. (6)

Are you absolutely shure that the ACD cannot be serviced without that expensive tool??? I've heard of methods, that although very tedious, can work without takeng it to the dealership.
I also have heard of methods to bleed the ACD line without the specific Mitsu tool. Just like anything on the car, i'm sure something could be rigged up to accomplish the task at hand.

Terry S
Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Terry S
I also have heard of methods to bleed the ACD line without the specific Mitsu tool. Just like anything on the car, i'm sure something could be rigged up to accomplish the task at hand.

Terry S

yes there is a way i heard it you can put a jumpper on and it bleeds it like the tool does. but i do not knew were it is and how to do it i just knew from hearding for my cluch install.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome. Thank god for the ACD. Do you guys know if its normal to hear a sound that sounds similar to a small backfire or bang when you shift? I was thinking it was the ACD. I don't know if I'm just crazy but I didn't think I heard it when i first got the car, but then after putting some miles on it, it does it all time. It doesn't sound bad and I broke it in good all the way to 2000 miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Quick Reply: ACD Article - Answers for everybody!