Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mods Mods Mods

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods Mods Mods

Hey all, happy new year.

Just a couple of quik Q's.

I live in South Africa and just bought an evo 8 (5 speed) 260Hp.

I am looking at purchasing a couple of upgrades for the car and would just like some help.

I am looking at fitting the WORKS O2 Housing and 3" TBE with resonated test pipe, Works drop in filter and WORKS DV.

will I need a reflash or will the stock ecu compensate for the exhaust?

secondly if I fit LICP &UICP (probably Nisei - as I've heard fitment issues with AMS LICP not fitting. And Buschur website reckons you can't use the stock airbox with the UICP) will I need a reflash then?

and an intercooler (probably AMS)

and what about fuel pump? need?

Reason why I am asking is that In south Africa we only have one autherised tuner for chips (EcuTek) and they are live 700mi from where I stay.

I realise I might not get the full potential of the mods but it's a real ball ache to get the car to them.

your advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by Boosted GP; Jan 3, 2006 at 02:26 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 01:51 AM
Evolving Member

I am currently running a Turboback with O2 housing and Fuel pump. I do however have the P2 flash. The only thing is, it is not flashed for the mods. So you should be safe without a flash but the best thing to do is to get a flash for your mods to get the best results.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry forot to mention too that I will be running 102 octane fuel only and that live at 5500Ft above sea level.

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2006, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't know how people are having problems with our LICP. If you angle everything correctly, that thing fits perfectly. I've installed hundreds and never had a problem.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted GP
Sorry forot to mention too that I will be running 102 octane fuel only and that live at 5500Ft above sea level.

Thanks
Is that R+M/2 102 or is it RON 102?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIII_MR2005
Is that R+M/2 102 or is it RON 102?

Its racing fuel. its RON 102, as very few people here even know whats meant by (RON +MON)/2

I don't know how people are having problems with our LICP. If you angle everything correctly, that thing fits perfectly. I've installed hundreds and never had a problem.
I have only heard about this on the post on this board, didn't mean to knock your product, sorry.

Mike
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let me clarify something here, the AMS LICP has absolutely no fittment issues, I have it in my own car and it fits perfect, I peak boot at 28PSI and haven't had a issue with the LICP coming off.

Buschurs LICP is from what I heard another good option , as far is the UICP he Buschur takes the lead on my opinion, their pipe is straight business, it reduces 20" of piping and 6 bents.

As per performance, believe it or not when I did both LICP and UICP I gained 1.5-2MPH trap speed and faster spool up as well.

my .2c
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor

And Buschur website reckons you can't use the stock airbox with

you reckon... you originally from arkansas, and not africa..
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As far is the fuel pump, you can get away without one, you are not pushing crazy boost or power, I ran 12.4' before on stock fuel pump, no issues at all and boosting above 25PSI all the times but off course don't forget something I was tune with peace of mind, I was tune with Al's (Dynoflash) state of the art tunning equipment. Knock free!!!

The Works 02 Housing sounds promising even though there are no stone cold test done on that particular item on the dyno, I am getting one myself this week and I will be dynoing the car in about two more weeks.

I hope that helps.

By the way, how is life there in South Africa?, I heard is really tough, the highest crime/death in the world, 30 per day. I also saw this dutchbag feeding one of his employees to the Lyons(the guy actually died), that is mean as hell!! and 3 other prison guards lettin the k-9 dogs loose in the field to eat one guy, I am not making it up, I have the videos on the link..

I would be scare to live there dude..
my .2c
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
As far is the fuel pump, you can get away without one, you are not pushing crazy boost or power, I ran 12.4' before on stock fuel pump, no issues at all and boosting above 25PSI all the times but off course don't forget something I was tune with peace of mind, I was tune with Al's (Dynoflash) state of the art tunning equipment. Knock free!!!

The Works 02 Housing sounds promising even though there are no stone cold test done on that particular item on the dyno, I am getting one myself this week and I will be dynoing the car in about two more weeks.

I hope that helps.

By the way, how is life there in South Africa?, I heard is really tough, the highest crime/death in the world, 30 per day. I also saw this dutchbag feeding one of his employees to the Lyons(the guy actually died), that is mean as hell!! and 3 other prison guards lettin the k-9 dogs loose in the field to eat one guy, I am not making it up, I have the videos on the link..

I would be scare to live there dude..
my .2c

Well, at least we are famous for one thing!

yip there is a lot of crime in SA, but its mainly in the black lower income or unemployed (actually they are the same here). the dog story is from a while back and it stems from the old apartheit era, and unfortunately there are still guys in the police force that come from tha era so they still think they can do as they please.

similar story to th the lions, but there rumour has it that the black guy (who got eaten) raped/ slept with the other guys wife and thats part of the reason, the other is just cos the blacks in SA (and please don't get me wrong here, I'm not a racist) just that the blacks in SA are really from another planet, they have F%$# all ambition, try to steal everything, if they can't steal it they break it, if they can't break it, they rape it and if they can't rape it they kill it, and if they can't kill it, they burn it!.... and thats no Joke!)

Most of the deaths here in SA are from AIDS and HIV. Wife is a doctor, working in a provincial (state) hospital and something like 70-80% of all patients admitted are HIV +!! Scary. it is killing the population, but we (the country) has one big downfall, they keep out breeding the death rate (instinctive survival) so its just making thing worse. we live a good life and seem to afford thing very comfortably, houses, food all pretty cheap. insurance - DIRT cheap. (I pay $100pm for the evo)

Cars not so 996Turbo porsche - $200 000.

my evo $ 40 000. (260hp 5 speed)

if you are of the more fortunate type, you are pretty safe in SA, just need to be a bit street wise. we have some awesome first world stuf.. cars, tech, banking (supposedly the best in the world) but some real 3rd world problems, like poverty, theft, murder (black on black in the townships / poverty areas), and rape, cos the un educated black believes that if they rape a virgin then you are cured of AIDS and HIV. (since the witch doctor told them - don't laugh its true!) so the rape is high because of this.

Mike
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am looking at fitting the WORKS O2 Housing and 3" TBE with resonated test pipe, Works drop in filter and WORKS DV.
www.worksevo.com

will I need a reflash or will the stock ecu compensate for the exhaust?
no reflash needed , but if your running 102 octane then yes i would get reflash
and since your with works , why get theirs
http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...roducts_id=121

and what about fuel pump? need?
the stock pump is fine for bolt-on mods (air filter, exhaust, etc.) and increased boost, but when you begin really opening up the air flow with cams, even higher boost, or are closing in on the 325+ wheel HP mark and are looking for more, get the walbro 255

but if you decide to get a flash than why not spend the extra 80 bucks and get the pump. you need it in the long run
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

secondly if I fit LICP &UICP (probably Nisei - as I've heard fitment issues with AMS LICP not fitting. And Buschur website reckons you can't use the stock airbox with the UICP) will I need a reflash then?
ams licp fits good

but the nisei kit comes with the upper and lower and you cant buy them separately. it also fits with the stock airbox

and an intercooler (probably AMS)
ams is one of the more popular
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/po...ts&pollid=3079
but if you get the nisei pipe kit , why not get their intercooler
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
ams licp fits good

but the nisei kit comes with the upper and lower and you cant buy them separately. it also fits with the stock airbox

ams is one of the more popular
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/po...ts&pollid=3079
but if you get the nisei pipe kit , why not get their intercooler

AMS - really like the flow of the end tanks as it seems to evenly distribute the charge air across the cooler.

reason for going with the Nisei pipes is that they have attachments to hold the pipes to the body of the car. I feel the the nisei end tanks (on the I/C) are not as efficient as the AMS as they seem to tax the lower half of the cooler more than the top half.

and all the pipes and coolers are interchangeable from what I've read

Might be wrong - please tell me if I am

Mike
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

reason for going with the Nisei pipes is that they have attachments to hold the pipes to the body of the car. I feel the the nisei end tanks (on the I/C) are not as efficient as the AMS as they seem to tax the lower half of the cooler more than the top half.

and all the pipes and coolers are interchangeable from what I've read
nisei pipe kit can work with the stock intercooler, so if aftermarket ic works with stock ic piping than its good to go
Old Jan 4, 2006, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
nisei pipe kit can work with the stock intercooler, so if aftermarket ic works with stock ic piping than its good to go

Also with the Nisei you need to cut the undertray - AMS not