Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lbcevo
Time to ditch the Megan and get a Buschur TBE.
100% agreed and excelent observation which shows me that some people pay attention to details

Although Clay likes the Megan - on this we disagree as I find it to be a very poorly designed cheap taiwan pos unit

The main issue with the Megan and many units you can see when you actually look inside those gian 5" exhuast tips and see that your 3" exhuast pipe actually necks down to 2" and change inside the mufller

IMHO - if you buy any 3" system - make sure its a real 3" unit INSIDE the muffler - otherwise you are just wasting your money and time

IMHO - Clasy's car would pick up at least 10 whp with just an exhuast swap to Buschur cat back - in fact - it might me worth a test ??? Hint Dave!

In conclusion - look inside the muffler tip before you buy !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - I saw a nice el cheapo china exhuast tonight which was Sumo or some such name - the cat back was really good and well designed as far as power goes - but the DP did not fit on a evo IX - not a bad unit if you dig made in China on your whip

BUY BUSCHUR - MADE IN USA
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The main issue with the Megan and many units you can see when you actually look inside those gian 5" exhuast tips and see that your 3" exhuast pipe actually necks down to 2" and change inside the mufller

PS - I saw a nice el cheapo china exhuast tonight which was Sumo or some such name - the cat back was really good and well designed as far as power goes - but the DP did not fit on a evo IX - not a bad unit if you dig made in China on your whip

BUY BUSCHUR - MADE IN USA
First off the Megan TBE doesn't neck down at the muffler, or anywhere for that matter.

Secondly it’s extremely hypocritical for you to preach about buying American parts for a Japanese car

Third and finally, Nice post Warr.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
First off the Megan TBE doesn't neck down at the muffler, or anywhere for that matter.

Secondly it’s extremely hypocritical for you to preach about buying American parts for a Japanese car

Third and finally, Nice post Warr.
The place where it is restcicted is inside the muffler

Seconly - every single performance part on my Evo is made in USA - UK and Japanese wheels

I am not into Cheap China knock offs due to my feeling the that Chinese governement is using unfair trade practices to advance its cheaper goods and they are also harming the environment with lack of proper regulations in production

Its a personal preference and I am not a hypocrite becuase I do not want to wal mart ize my whip with chinese el cheapo parts
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mean this place?

I think many have this impression due to the larger 4.5" tip. It tapers outward, not inward.

Somebody owes me a measuring tape...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

LoL Someone just got owned by a measuring tape!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

way to take one for the team

now somebody get this man a new measuring tape!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

i think if u were to stick that measuring tape a lil further down the muffler it would tapper.
not for sure if it would, but just a guestimate. but i also doubt it would make a difference
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is in the resonator already. Do you really want more pics because I've got them. Or you could have my thousand words instead. Thought many would rather look at pixels.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

TTP Engineering,

no thanks on the extra pics, lol u proved ur point.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

A soon as I see one I will measure the inner diameter of the muffler tube - its way less than 3" -= its a very smallish hole insde a big muffler
It is nOT a matter of opinion or conjecture

If you look inisde the tip of the muffler you can see that the inside tube of the path through the muffler is smaller than the 3" pipe - actually this is very common

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You mean this place?

I think that about sums it up...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
Account Disabled

I just find it funny that Warrtalon preached about this exhaust over and over and now is going with the BR tbe, I dont' blame him as I would but I personally had a megan tbe on my suby and though it sounded cool and was cheap it certainly didn't last more than a winter before it started to rust out at the welds. As for the tapering I honestly never looked.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
I just find it funny that Warrtalon preached about this exhaust over and over and now is going with the BR tbe, I dont' blame him as I would but I personally had a megan tbe on my suby and though it sounded cool and was cheap it certainly didn't last more than a winter before it started to rust out at the welds. As for the tapering I honestly never looked.
He did praise it for a long time. I guess the vendors are getting to him. Everyone sells out eventually...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Seconly - every single performance part on my Evo is made in USA - UK and Japanese wheels

I am not into Cheap China knock offs due to my feeling the that Chinese governement is using unfair trade practices to advance its cheaper goods and they are also harming the environment with lack of proper regulations in production

Its a personal preference and I am not a hypocrite becuase I do not want to wal mart ize my whip with chinese el cheapo parts

Wouldn't you be "Walmartizing" with a cheap TBE like the one you favor? If you are going high end, then how about a ti ARC piece?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC

Well i know that ttp-egineering has had the megan turbo back for a long time and ive looked under his car before.. rust free, looks awesome, and im using megan o2housing, dp, and test pipe.. no problems
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
adx
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
He did praise it for a long time. I guess the vendors are getting to him. Everyone sells out eventually...
Not necessarily selling out. It has been known that the Buschur exhausts tend to make a little more power. Whether it be the way things are precisely made, or just different materials.

Dont forget it is quite light! And besides, if a company was to sponsor you (whether its a discount, or free) why wouldnt you take advantage of it?

Quick Reply: Megan Exhaust