Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

evo noise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2003, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo noise

does anybody else hear a loud sound just after you release the clutch after going to 3rd? the car kinda "rumbles". also there is this annoying rattle at that point from inside the car....some1 help plz
Old Mar 30, 2003, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

never mind lol i was going into 5th all along
Old Mar 30, 2003, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

You didn't realize that before posting?
Have you ever driven a stick before? Just surprised you didn't figure it out at the time..when you couldn't shift anymore into a higher gear
Old Mar 30, 2003, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

ok get off my back. im 17. driving this evo was the first manual experience ive ever had and after a total of 15 minutes, i mastered it so im pretty damn good.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Is the rattle constant? I have a rattle noise that i figured out is the wiper rubbing on the windsheild above 45 miles an hour. Sounds like speaker distortion coming from tweeter.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

it sounded like it was comin from the center mirror thing or around the passanger side.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

and after a total of 15 minutes, i mastered it
Wanna bet?! I'd like to meet you at a track and see if you can outdrive me It takes years to become a master
Just curious, how did you afford to buy an Evo? I hope you don't wreck it like the typical teenager would probably do after a short time.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:18 PM

Hmm... A 17 year old wreck a hot sports car? That's not an if question its a when. Teenagers should hafta drive an underpowered POS till they get some experience and the hormones settle down.

I'm speaking from experience here. I was a kid once ya know.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

k my dad bought it first of all to answer broeli and don't worry im a great driver. and i was driving a "POS" since i was like 15. 93 nissan altima automatic. and don't worry i wont do more than 140 in my evo.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

I feel I must defend younger drivers, being one myself. Not all of them are bad drivers or drive stupidly. I know they don't have the experience of older drivers but as long as they drive well within their own limits they can be almost as safe as any other driver. I am 18 and I like cars and enjoy driving (although not so much on public roads) so I would not do anything stupid to damage/wreck my car or prevent me from driving. I drive within the speed limits and leave greater safety margins than many other people I have seen (simillar age and older). I do like to drive quickly but I am currently trying to get into racing (autocross, rally, etc.) so I can drive like that with proper safety. I have completed 2 driving programs, and I intend to attend more to become the best and safest driver I can. I am sure there are many more young drivers like myself.

NOTE: I realise you were not attacking young drivers or anything but I have seen this come up before and I had to reply.

Aston.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

k my dad bought it first of all
You mean it's your dads car and you were driving it? Or did your dad bought it for you? I think some teens that claim they own these cars are actually driving their parents car...not ALL but some
Old Mar 30, 2003, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by broeli

You mean it's your dads car and you were driving it? Or did your dad bought it for you? I think some teens that claim they own these cars are actually driving their parents car...not ALL but some
no its ALL mine he just bought it for me. i don't think he will ever drive it again hehe.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by the evo wins

no its ALL mine he just bought it for me. i don't think he will ever drive it again hehe.
No disrespect to you in any way but what ever happened to kids earning their own way. I am 30 and I bust my *** to pay for my car but I also come away with a sense of pride and accomplishment for all that hard work.

On a side note congrats on the car.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 12:58 AM

There are always some people who have more. In high school, I knew a guy who got a 911 convertible for his 17th birthday. In college, the guy next door to me freshman year drove a Viper. Life just isn't fair. Of course, WHEN they have an accident, their lesson is much more costly than when I wrecked my '84 GLC. It's all perspective.

If it's any consolation, while we're surfing the net, worrying how to spend money on our cars, there are billions of people starving worrying what they're going to eat tomorrow. All while I have a bag of nachos next to me, and I'm trying to figure out wether I should get an EVO now or wait a year. It's all perspective.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Devilish
There are always some people who have more. In high school, I knew a guy who got a 911 convertible for his 17th birthday. In college, the guy next door to me freshman year drove a Viper. Life just isn't fair. Of course, WHEN they have an accident, their lesson is much more costly than when I wrecked my '84 GLC. It's all perspective.

If it's any consolation, while we're surfing the net, worrying how to spend money on our cars, there are billions of people starving worrying what they're going to eat tomorrow. All while I have a bag of nachos next to me, and I'm trying to figure out wether I should get an EVO now or wait a year. It's all perspective.
was that speech a joke or were you serious?

Quick Reply: evo noise