Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Buschur Catback vs HKS Hi-Power

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New Buschur Catback vs HKS Hi-Power

I used to have the HKS Hi-Power exhaust. It really has a great tone and the construction is top notch as can be expected from HKS. I was completly satisfied with the HKS until Buschur came out with their new muffler design...I had to have it, for many reasons...

Well I recieved the exhaust yesterday and installed it that same night. The construction is top notch and everything fit perfectly as expected like all of Buschurs quality parts. There is no movement in the system even though it utilizes only 2 hangers..very impressive. The design of the new muffler is perfect. I dont forsee BR making any changes to this design as I dont see how they could possibly make it any better. It is sooo light its rediculous.

Now for the good stuff...The tone that the BR exhaust has is just sick. It has a racy sound to it without being too loud. It is by far the best sounding exhaust that I have heard for the evo IMO. I would say that it is a little bit louder than the HKS. Drone on the highway is the same as the HKS and at crusing speeds the BR is a little louder than the HKS...but nothing that would attract too much unwanted attention.

Overall I am very happy with the exhaust and HIGHLY reccomend anyone considering an exhaust to go with Buschur. Customer service is top notch and their products speek for themselves.

Big thanks goes out to Buschur and staff for all of their continued help and for a great product yet again!!

Here is a video comparison between the HKS and the new Buschur..and some pics

New Buschur exhaust:
Click here to watch New-BR-Exhaust

HKS Hi-Power
Click here to watch HKS-Hi-Power-Exhaust

enjoy!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a rather odd looking exhaust...I am a fan of the angled canister style exhausts. It may make alittle more power and flow, but i love the looks and sound of my HKS 30th hi-power.

oh and congrats on the exhaust....ive thought about switching mine up too if anyone were interested in the 30th anniversary.

Maybe an AMS or Buschur for me.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Me too, I love the hks. Have you ever had someone else drive your car while you were outside? That exhaust sounds sick at WOT.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

i agree i love my hks 30th annivery exhaust, i had a greddy ti before, but found that to be too loud and it droned on the freeway. Switched the exhaust and on the butt dyno could not tell a difference. I love the sound of my HKS
Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

I have to say the HKS exhaust is awesome. The power it makes is really good, and the sound is mellow compared to just about all other exhausts. I would not switch on my car.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

im getting in-line to get one of those new BR exhuast.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Me too, I love the hks. Have you ever had someone else drive your car while you were outside? That exhaust sounds sick at WOT.

no i have not, but i have video and whatnot.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the write up, pictures and the compliments! Glad your happy with the new setup.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kmcconn9 --> Are you running cams? Almost sounded like a lopey idle.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
its a rather odd looking exhaust...I am a fan of the angled canister style exhausts. It may make alittle more power and flow, but i love the looks and sound of my HKS 30th hi-power.

oh and congrats on the exhaust....ive thought about switching mine up too if anyone were interested in the 30th anniversary.

Maybe an AMS or Buschur for me.
It is a totally different look you are right. But the added power and flow are definatly worth it. The design so you dont see the mufler sticking out is what makes this exhaust stand out.

The video dosent do this mufler justice either...
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
One of my best friends has this same exhaust (HKS), and 2 other people in town with evos...so I am very familiar with the sound. I love the sound of the HKS but it just isnt right for some reason.

I listened to the hks on a evo 7 on hksusa.com and thats why I bought it...it does sound good, but the Buschur is on a whole different level...you have to hear it to understand I guess. I will try to take another video from farther away maybe..
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saywhen
I have to say the HKS exhaust is awesome. The power it makes is really good, and the sound is mellow compared to just about all other exhausts. I would not switch on my car.
The HKS does make good power...just look at my sig...but the buschur is even better. Cant complain with more power and better flow..
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
kmcconn9 --> Are you running cams? Almost sounded like a lopey idle.
I have 272 Intake and 280 exhaust....no bad for a custom flash hu...thanks Al!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

well worth the wait, looks and sounds good. how about a video of a driveby

Last edited by evo150; Feb 23, 2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

I will have to get that in the works....my good friend ben might have to help with that

Quick Reply: New Buschur Catback vs HKS Hi-Power