Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:32 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Evo jason,

I own a IX MR 06 and it came with a metal BOV. Take your drop in filter (testing only) accelerate the car pass 3500 RPMs and let it go. It will Phhhsssshh very nicely!

The drawback is that you will have to flash your ECU for that simple mod or u can damage your engine. Good luck!

Originally Posted by evo jason
Hey,

I've owned an Evo VIII until today, I traded it in for an Evo IX MR. I bought a HKS BOV for my otherwise stock Evo VIII and ended up reinstalling the stock BOV because of the idle/stalling problems.

I like the sound but don't want to risk the same problems with my new Evo. I've heard good things about other BOVs like Greddy but I've also read that this is a common problem with the MAF setup. Without modifying the intake, what are my options?

Thanks
Jason
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silk
If you have to work on your evo every month you must be driving the crap out of it. Stock evos do not need constant mechanical tune ups, just oil changes every 3k miles. And no, turbo cars can make the pshh sound, but not stock evo's. They're not meant to. For example, people can eat their own sh*t but they dont, they're not supposed to.
Nope, not driving the crap out of it. The first time I got on it out of town the upper intake pipe poped off for the first time. I was just downhill from there.

If I change the intake or BOV then it wouldn't be stock
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:11 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joedr
Evo jason,

I own a IX MR 06 and it came with a metal BOV. Take your drop in filter (testing only) accelerate the car pass 3500 RPMs and let it go. It will Phhhsssshh very nicely!

The drawback is that you will have to flash your ECU for that simple mod or u can damage your engine. Good luck!
I'm sorry, but you don't need to flash your ECU for a drop in filter at all, just open cone filters as it causes the MAF to read erratically.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, not driving the crap out of it. The first time I got on it out of town the upper intake pipe poped off for the first time. I was just downhill from there.

If I change the intake or BOV then it wouldn't be stock
Re-tightening the ic piping and installing a full turbo back exhaust are two very different things
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Re-tightening the ic piping and installing a full turbo back exhaust are two very different things
OMG, why are some people so argumentative?
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

OMG, why are some people so argumentative?
Im not being argumentative. Im simply trying to guide misguided souls
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Im not being argumentative. Im simply trying to guide misguided souls
Yeah... okay. So if you're trying to guide me then be constructive and tell me, how you like that BR stage 2? I'm thinking about spending the extra money and going with the stage 2 on top of the stage 1.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Try out stage 1 first, I think you might stop there. With a IX, you should be pretty close to 350awhp/tq (catless) on a dynojet. If you want faster spool, get buschurs/AMS lower intercooler pipe. The less mod you have the better chance you'll pass emissions when emission time comes. Good luck!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah... okay. So if you're trying to guide me then be constructive and tell me, how you like that BR stage 2? I'm thinking about spending the extra money and going with the stage 2 on top of the stage 1.
You wont see any large gains with the stage 2. Its more there to complement stages 3&4. So if you plan on later getting 3 and 4 get stage two, but on top of only stage one you probably wont see much of an increase in hp with stage 2. Hope this helps
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I kind of thought so. I'll have to run the high flow cat, but I should still get great numbers. Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikejam1688
or you can get one of those fake things you put in ur car that make the PSSSH. lol 30 bucks on ebay. thats a better idea anyway, its cheaper and u'll get the same increase in performance.....nothing.....i think its funny how people spend 20-30K on a car just to hear the BOV. why dont u turbo a civic like everyone else.?
Please, lets show him that not everyone from CT is mentally circumsized. Evo Jason does not need replies like the one you just posted. He was misguided at first and then saw the light. He wants to enjoy the noise but now he has decided to obtain it the proper way. Atleast thats what i thought after I read a couple of his posts. So why are people still flaming him?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

your on the right track Jason, the IX bov is a great product, but you paid for your evo so what you want with it, add neon ground effects too if you want. Going with the staged package is a great idea too. goodluck and enjoy.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
evojason- Do not listen to Silk. He is driving an 05 evo. You will see huge gains on the IX with the stage 2. Look at my sig and everyone else's who has a IX with the same mods. Guys, you really should be more supportive. Some people like different things.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

ok, let's try something else. i am going to go post by post on this thread and every single person that either used name calling or just being an *** is going on a time out....
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

done. now i suggest that all of you that were so quick to jump on the bandwagon trying to be cool by flaming this guy, take a step back and think if this is how you want this board to be...

Quick Reply: My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?