Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Zeitronix freezing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeitronix freezing

I'm having problems with my Zt-2 freezing after running for a few minutes. If I turn the car off to reset the Zt-2 it will run for a few more minutes then freeze again. Has anyone else had this problem? I've emailed Zeitronix; just waiting on a reply.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Are you using a USB to serial adapter? I have had the display freeze up, but it was still datalogging. My problem is the piece of crap USB to Serial adapter I use.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

I use a USB to Serial adapter and haven't had a problem; my laptop broke last weekend so I haven't been able to log this week. The problem I’m talking about is by looking at the display screen. This problem started yesterday.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am not sure if this will help but did you tap the WB's power to the ECU's wire? It is supposed to be the most consistent voltage you can get.
I also noticed that, sometimes, the LCD display box would not turn on if I stick my key in the ignition and crank it immediately. If I turn the key over to ON position and wait for about 2 sec then the display will come on normally. Is that what you mean?
I also noted that sometime, the output would be stuck at 21:1 ratio for a few seconds even after the car has been up and running fine for a long while. I suspect it may be related to my voltage as I have had my mini-battery (PC680 Oddessy) for a long time.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

you may have already tried this, but there is a freeze/unfreeze screen that shows your lowest/highest info. it's on the right side of the display box. something may have bumped it?
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Ahh, I forgot about the yellow button. I have my screen installed in my dash so I can’t see the button. Out of sight out of mind. I’ll have to pull it out and see if the button is hitting something. I'll try that tonight and see if that's fixes the problem.
Thanks guys.