Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur but better???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2003, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur but better???

Has anyone seen this intake yet? Where are some horsepower #'s http://www.turbotrix.com/whatsnew.shtml
Old May 1, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All open element air filters that have cotton gauze between metal mesh are going to give exactly the same benefit. There is really no point in dynoing them.
Old May 1, 2003, 10:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yah.. besides, its basically the same as the Buscher.. It actually appears to be slightly smaller in diameter, but the inner cone portion looks to be a little deeper.. so its probably going to have similar filtering surface area.

Get whichever you like, unless its know to cause a problem or restriction.. It makes the induction system ALOT noisier.. If you like that then you'll like these filters.. But the gains are negligable..
Old May 1, 2003, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was not really think it's better then the buschur, but just nother choice out there. I think this filter is bigger then buschur nit 100% sure.
Old May 1, 2003, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you can get good gains on a turbo car out of an open element air filter depending on how restrictive the stock airbox and air fitler are.

My Eclipse was made to breathe through a tiny slot in the fender, through an air filter that was over an inch thick and packed with paper. The K&N FIPK made a big difference on my car.