Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ported Turbo Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PMed you. Lemme know.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

god damn warrtalon.. Get off of his nuts ****.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

looks really nice!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BaseModelEvo
So then do you recommend gasket matching all exhaust systems as well?

See what you don't know about porting is where my machinist BEGINS. Air does not flow how you believe it to. And you don't understand airflow as well as you may think. If you'd like to know why things are done the way they are, you may call us Mon-Sat 9-6PM and ask him why he does that way.

A large reason a lot of "gasket matching" and opening ports to ungodly volumes I NOT done is because the TIME SPENT does not equal the PERFORMANCE GAINED. If you have more questions, please feel free not to highjack my thread without proper knowledge of airflow and simply call us to clear up the matter. This is not a discussion, it's a show of our work. He'll be here tomorrow by 8:30 AM Pacific Standard time.
i'll unsubscribe from this post as it appears i'm being discurteous but i will point out a few contradictions in your assertions.

firstly you say that the time spent doens't equal the performance gained... this is nice so there is some performance... it's just not worth your time... but apparently is worth other people's time...

do i recommend gasket matching all exhaust mating surfaces... well it's nice to have them as uniform as possible. bu tyou can only do so much, and you can definitely do so much with the header pieces. also things after the turbo are flowing at much lower velocity and the kinetic friction head loss equations would suggest fewer head losses down stream of the turbo.

honestly i may not understand air flow that well... few people can as it's one of the most chaotic natural phenomenon known to man... but i know the equations...
Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
firstly you say that the time spent doens't equal the performance gained... this is nice so there is some performance... it's just not worth your time... but apparently is worth other people's time...
If it takes two hours to port a cast manifold to a theoretic improved flow/improved spool. Let's say we pick up 10hp and 400RPM decrease in spool time. Now we conclude gasket matching will take another 1.5-2 hours and we'll gain another 50rpms and 2hp. IT'S SIMPLY NOT WORTH IT.

do i recommend gasket matching all exhaust mating surfaces... well it's nice to have them as uniform as possible. bu tyou can only do so much, and you can definitely do so much with the header pieces.

I was being sarcastic, I meant the exhaust system after the turbo.

also things after the turbo are flowing at much lower velocity and the kinetic friction head loss equations would suggest fewer head losses down stream of the turbo.
Velocity does not slow, exhaust is measured in pulses. The pulses begin to vacuum in the exhaust system assisting in exit through the muffler. Energy is not lost, just spent elsewhere. As the air exiting the turbo expands it begins a vacuum effect. Therefore the exhaust is now based on elminating backpressure and stepping pipes instead of port matching. Assisting in a smooth vacuum increase w/properly stepped piping is the goal.

honestly i may not understand air flow that well... few people can as it's one of the most chaotic natural phenomenon known to man... but i know the equations...
Knowing equations and making it work on a daily basis are two entirely different tasks. We're here. Doing this. We know what's worth it. We know what's not. We know what works. We know what does not. Just don't come here badgering us. I'm happy to answer any question you may have. But don't challenge us, just politely disagree and ask why we beleive what we do. I'm never rude, and I've not been throughout this entire post. I attempt to answer all questions and specticisms as best I can. Thanks again for the semi-polite arguement.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i would like to here b/r chime in on his experiance with doing this. it would be nice if vendors could work togeather and make a really nice part.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i would like to here b/r chime in on his experiance with doing this. it would be nice if vendors could work togeather and make a really nice part.
WORD! That would be sick! See. Good Suggestion. Damnit i'm tired of mindless comments. Thank you for saying something real. I'd love to chat with him. I run some of his parts and always recommend them!

-Woody
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:12 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You should probably become a registered vendor if selling ported items and advertising your own store in your sig. I have advertisements in my sig, but they're for a major vendor on this site, not for myself.
Warrtalon,
I can't believe you're such a person. First, you argued with him regarding the porting stuffs and sounded like he's going against Buschur. Then when thing didn't look so good, you played a cheap-shot on him.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by G20
Warrtalon,
I can't believe you're such a person. First, you argued with him regarding the porting stuffs and sounded like he's going against Buschur. Then when thing didn't look so good, you played a cheap-shot on him.
Funny, that's exactly the way I read it too...
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

It's cool guys. He's fine. Anyone reading gets the point anyway. We're not morons and we're just trying to help out the community/forums. Thanks to those who supported and checked us out. No hard feelins in any event to anyone!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G20
Warrtalon,
Wow, what's up with that? I never said he was going against Buschur. That whole part had to do with comparing Buschur's method of porting and gasket-matching vs what this guy says is the only proper way to do it. I disagree that his is the best and only way to do it. Is that so bad?

You're saying it's a cheap shot to call someone out for promoting products here without being a registered vendor? Excuse me for protecting our paying vendors, sheesh. Btw, he didn't have all that personal sales info in his sig when this thread began, so I had no reason to point it out right away.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BaseModelEvo
WORD! That would be sick! See. Good Suggestion. Damnit i'm tired of mindless comments. Thank you for saying something real. I'd love to chat with him. I run some of his parts and always recommend them!

-Woody
i just got a stock manifold off this forum. i want to send it out for porting but i want what is best and will give me the most for my stock manifold for my car. it would be nice to see bouth of your sides to this porting the stock manifold. now we just need d/b in here for his side of the story. this thread can go 2 ways. 1 to hell or 2 extreamly well and informable. lets make this a learning experiance for all of us. get in here b/r and lets see your side of this. work togeather, learn off eachother and make a really nice part.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

I'll amen to that. I'd love to talk with him.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan, there's no reason for it to go to hell. The technical aspect is worthy of discussion. This guy just needs to pay to play if he's going to promote his business. That's a side issue that is being discussed in PMs.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Actually. I was showing off MY manifold, and letting people know it CAN be duplicated. I did NOT come on this forum and show a product and a price. If people like my manifold, they should be able to have theirs done!

Quick Reply: Ported Turbo Manifold