Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Sandwich adaptor question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sandwich adaptor question

-Tried doing a search and came with nothing. So here's the deal, I just recently purchased gauges from blitz and was also going to order their sandwich adaptor, but ran into a question. Blitz has a type A and a type B sandwich adaptor. Type A being 65mm and type B being 70mm. They are the same price and am not sure which one I'm supposed to get. Which one do I need?

-Do I need to purchase a BLITZ adaptor for the BLITZ gauges or can I just purchase an adaptor from someone else, say Greddy, and still use it on my blitz gauges?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

What kind of gauges? Depends on the thread on the sensors. I have a used Greddy adapter for oil temp/press. If it fits you can have it for half off new cost... on the other hand, there are ports on the evo engine block for oil temp/press so you don't need an adapter at all for those two. Again, depends on the thread sizes on your sensors.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered the Blitz MD (boost, egt, and oil temp.) I havent received them yet since I just ordered them today.

Can anyone else verify that I don't need the adaptor? It's not that I don't believe you voidhawk, but it's just that there are other evo owners I've talked to and they also have the adaptors.

Last edited by Enyth; Apr 21, 2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

well, I'm probably killing my own sale here, but I can't help being honest Since both the Defi and the Blitz are japanese, I'd be willing to bet they are both the same threads. There are two ports on the engine block (right next to the oil filter), covered with an allen wrench bolt. You need a thread adapter, which you can get from 42 draft designs for something like $6. That's all you need to get the oil temp hooked up.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by voidhawk
well, I'm probably killing my own sale here, but I can't help being honest Since both the Defi and the Blitz are japanese, I'd be willing to bet they are both the same threads. There are two ports on the engine block (right next to the oil filter), covered with an allen wrench bolt. You need a thread adapter, which you can get from 42 draft designs for something like $6. That's all you need to get the oil temp hooked up.
ok did a search on the thread adaptor and found some answers. Hopefully Defi and Blitz do use the same threads Thanks voidhawk Just saved me $75 that woulda gone straight to blitz