Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

If the Evos TC is weaksauce, then whats the options?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the Evos TC is weaksauce, then whats the options?

So with all the tc issues that the evo has whats the best options. I cant bring myself to not drag race it so yeah im sure im going to have to pay the cost. Im still trying to figure out how they dont sell parts for it and a new one is over 3 grand. I have purchased complete motor swaps for what these things cost. Anyways the options i see are tre, shep, or dont drag race. Ok this was kinda a vent after my boys took a ****. Maybe obx will start making rebuild kits for it, LOL. No hating here, lets talk and enjoy the thread.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not weaksauce - it's people's driving that is weaksauce. You're jaded by what happened to your friend, but unless he had a randomly defective T-case, then it was his fault. I have over 150 drag passes and more than 50+ autocross runs with drag launches on 3 separate clutches (stock, ACT HDSS, and Exedy 4-puck). If you don't dump the clutch or don't stay in the power if you wheelhop, then the t-case shouldn't go out...especially not after only 9 runs.

The t-case is not a reason not to drag race. If you put the strain on your clutch, then you're fine as long as you don't mind doing a clutch upgrade. If you DO kill the t-case, then just go to Shep for a rebuild...it's not $3k like a new one.