Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tranny and t-case getting shipped to shep

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Thanks. Putting the tranny I think is a hell of a lot easier than pulling it IMO.

And it's on the way back so in a few days the car should be running again, hopefully.
your kidding, right........?
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elhalisf
your kidding, right........?

No Im not. every time my tranny has come out it seems to fight the entire way. When it goes back in its up in and bolted on within an hour, drivable about an hour after that.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

i have done the evo trannies 6 times, 3 times for my car and 3 times for friends cars. the tranny has always come out easy (with the help of a good pry bar), but it has never ever went in easy. it would take atleast 20-60 min just to get the tranny onto the engine. the fastest i was able to take down the tranny was 1.25 hrs. the fastest i was ever able to put it back together, including the change of the clutch, was about 6hrs.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Look at my pic on pg2 i think. I use the engine brace makes it a hell of a lot easier to take it our with one of those instead of another jack on the bottom of the motor. With the brace you can pitch the engine at any angle you want.

Now when it goes back in, put the tranny up lay it on the subframe raise the motor back up and bam, its on. I'll keep this thread updated and take pics on how I do it, very easy and very fast. I just havent got the taking it out thing down yet.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:58 PM

Thanks. Putting the tranny I think is a hell of a lot easier than pulling it IMO.

And it's on the way back so in a few days the car should be running again, hopefully.
perhaps... but you can't do one without the other

Again... goodluck

def
Old Jun 11, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fre
Where can one acquire Mitsubishi Diaqueen for the TC, because they only stock it in 5 gallon pales at the dealership.
I got my gallon jug from Lancershop.com
Old Jun 13, 2006, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Actually fluid wise i wont use anything that Mitsu makes. Redline all the way. I had a friend pick up MT-90 and Shockproof yesterday for me.

Today I shuld be getting everything in and the car up and running by hopefully tonight. I will have a full review of the shifting aspect as well as a full clutch review, so stat tuned for updates coming later tonight and the following few days.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Actually fluid wise i wont use anything that Mitsu makes. Redline all the way. I had a friend pick up MT-90 and Shockproof yesterday for me.

Well I just dont trust that stuff. 99% of people on here and TRE (and Im sure Shep) reccomends the Diaqueen for the TC and RD. There have been people who have used other stuff and blown it up. There was a thread about this not too long ago.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Well I just dont trust that stuff. 99% of people on here and TRE (and Im sure Shep) reccomends the Diaqueen for the TC and RD. There have been people who have used other stuff and blown it up. There was a thread about this not too long ago.

Really? Ill have to look for that
Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:36 AM
xme
Evolving Member

lancershop.com has them and both shep and TRE has it for purchase
Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Well i just talked with TTP and Buschur and they also said to use the stock stuff for the t-case. Hopefully I still have diaqueen around somewhere.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 01:55 PM

any thoughts on mobil 1 or royal purple?

def
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Well its up, in, and running. All is good. The only problem we ran into is the inspection plate started to leak pretty good when we were putting the fluid in, no biggie though nothing to get bothered about. Everything else works great, shifts a lot nicer than it use to. So far I am at mile 7 cant wait to hit 500-750 to start getting into it and take some turns to try out the LSD.

One funny thing is that when I try and downshift into first there is a whining noise??? Might be the syncros still bedding in. Any thoughts?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:30 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Well its up, in, and running. All is good. The only problem we ran into is the inspection plate started to leak pretty good when we were putting the fluid in, no biggie though nothing to get bothered about. Everything else works great, shifts a lot nicer than it use to. So far I am at mile 7 cant wait to hit 500-750 to start getting into it and take some turns to try out the LSD.

One funny thing is that when I try and downshift into first there is a whining noise??? Might be the syncros still bedding in. Any thoughts?
My car always whined downshifting into first... it is the synchros. That is a good whine. Without that you would hear *grrriiiiinnnddd* like my old wrx did.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:53 AM

Finally got my tranny shipped off yesterday! Cant wait to be hitting gears when i get it back. 127lbs was exactly what my package weight was.

Quick Reply: Tranny and t-case getting shipped to shep