Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hooking up EBC to Tial Wastegate???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hooking up EBC to Tial Wastegate???

Just look at the wastegate, there are two nipples on it for vacuum lines......

How do I run the lines?

I imagine the line that goes to my current Forge Wastegate will connect to the tial wastegate on top, and the line that goes to the stock turbo's pressure source on the turbo outlet, will go on the bottom.... am I correct??
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In most cases you will run a line from the compressor (positive pressure source between the compressor and throttle plate) to the bottom of the wastegate to boost the wastegate spring pressure. To use an EBC depending on what one it is you will either tap in to this pressure souce or run directly to the IN on the EBC sylinoid, either way it goes to the IN and you need two lines one being on the bottom of the wastegate and one to the IN of the EBC sylinoid.

Next you run the OUT of the EBC sylinoid to the top of the wastegate. What happens is the wastegate keeps pressure on top of the wastegate to keep it from opening then it closes to release pressure back to the bottom of the wastegate pressing on the spring.

I hope this answers your question.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
In most cases you will run a line from the compressor (positive pressure source between the compressor and throttle plate) to the bottom of the wastegate to boost the wastegate spring pressure. To use an EBC depending on what one it is you will either tap in to this pressure souce or run directly to the IN on the EBC sylinoid, either way it goes to the IN and you need two lines one being on the bottom of the wastegate and one to the IN of the EBC sylinoid.

Next you run the OUT of the EBC sylinoid to the top of the wastegate. What happens is the wastegate keeps pressure on top of the wastegate to keep it from opening then it closes to release pressure back to the bottom of the wastegate pressing on the spring.

I hope this answers your question.

yeah it kinda makes sense, pretty much I gotta look over the diagram of my EVC 5 boost controller again. The stock EVO wastegate is considered an internal wastegate, the Tial here on the turbo kit is an external gate....

I gotta get those instructions... thanks...
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

From my Greddy E-01 I have it hooked up on the bottom nipple and i dont use the top. I wasn't sure if both had to be hooked up....anymore input would be awesome
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

most people just use the bottom nipple and leave the top vented to atmosphere. It'll work that way in most cases (I've had several work good this way). But per Tial and other wastegate suppliers, here's the recommended way.

http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w..._wginstall.pdf
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

bump for more info on this. I had my manual hooked up this way and it did not work correctly. I just bought an ebc and im trying to figure out if i should use both nipples or not
Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bump for mbc install
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

vent to atmosphere just means don't cap off the top fitting?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

If you are running the evc 5 make sure you switch the toggle switch on the back of the knobbed controller to external wastegate.

I have the evc5 and a tial wastegate and I used both nipples off of the wastgate. Just go per the instruction that came with the evc5.

--Josh
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SwiftEVO
If you are running the evc 5 make sure you switch the toggle switch on the back of the knobbed controller to external wastegate.

I have the evc5 and a tial wastegate and I used both nipples off of the wastgate. Just go per the instruction that came with the evc5.

--Josh
there is also a thing that I screwed up on when I installed my EVC 5 lines. The middle line coming off the evc 5 solenoid needs to be t'd into the line that goes between the bottom of the wastegate to a pressure source coming out of the turbo outlet. This is a step that I missed and it keeps causing my car to overboost, even with the boost set low...

Right now I'm running the Hallman Pro MBC for simplicity.