Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 8 350hp+

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Highest I have had is 22.5psi @ 8000rpms in 4th gear.
Wow...

I want to run 22psi peak boost with taper down to 19psi @7500 on 93 pump Gas... (With 50-50 Water Meth mix of course)

Don't plan to touch the interals of the motor do you think thats viable?

Will most likely get a eFlash from AL not sure I would know what to change myself for it to run safely...

Old Aug 2, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YOu don't need water/meth injection to run 22psi. That's what we all run on 93oct...

Not sure why you'd need to touch the internals or even think about it. You should spend a few hours reading and learning about what the Evo is capable of so that you have a better understanding of all this. E-flashes already run safely - that's why they are e-flashes (more conservative).
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
YOu don't need water/meth injection to run 22psi. That's what we all run on 93oct...

Not sure why you'd need to touch the internals or even think about it. You should spend a few hours reading and learning about what the Evo is capable of so that you have a better understanding of all this. E-flashes already run safely - that's why they are e-flashes (more conservative).
Ahh ok, was a bit confused saw people talking about:
- Head Studs
- Arp bolts
- Head Gaskets

Needed for 350HP+ Flywheel or 400HP+ Flywheel maybe?

Sorry meant that if I had to use ECUFlash to change the stock maps from scratch to adjust fueling, timing and boost maps to achieve a 11-1 AFR I wouldn't know where to start...

Yep thats good advise, I've learnt a lot from this forum and am still learning all the time - will do some searches for similar mods to mine...

Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

We only speak in terms of WHEEL hp. Crank HP is not something we can measure or estimate. 350whp can be done with cams and a bunch of bolt-ons like o2 housing, licp, ported manifold, or you can do it easily with stage 1 mods, cams, and alky (meth) injection.

350HP would only be like 300whp or less, which is very easy. Head studs you would do with the cams, but the arp bolts (?) and head gasket are not really "internals." When we refer to upgrading internals, we're referring to the engine...things like rods, pisting, and such when building the motor. YOu won't worry about that until 500-550whp...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
Account Disabled

Scott, I thought you had to replace or rebuild that turbo once. Did that not occur?
No, what is the source of this hearsay?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

We only speak in terms of WHEEL hp. Crank HP is not something we can measure or estimate. 350whp can be done with cams and a bunch of bolt-ons like o2 housing, licp, ported manifold, or you can do it easily with stage 1 mods, cams, and alky (meth) injection.

350HP would only be like 300whp or less, which is very easy. Head studs you would do with the cams, but the arp bolts (?) and head gasket are not really "internals." When we refer to upgrading internals, we're referring to the engine...things like rods, pisting, and such when building the motor. YOu won't worry about that until 500-550whp...

OK COOL, I'm on the same page as you now...

What I'm actually talking about making is 300-350WHP with only these mods:

- Full de-cated exhaust system
- XS Engineering 3inch Down pipe
- GSC 264 intake and 272 Exhaust Cams
- HKS drop in foam filter
- Greddy Hard intake pipe kit
- 10.5 Exhaust housing
- Forge Actuator
- Evo 9 DV
- LICP
- Walbro 255L Fuel pump
- ECUFlash (eFlash)
- Water Alky Injection

Basically just gona install all this without doing anything else to the motor.

Ok maybe I'm way off target with the ARP Bolts = Rod Bolts to prevent failure of the stock rod bolts under big boost - high torque... (More of a Saftey measure)

Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

No, what is the source of this hearsay?
Heck I was thinking the same thing .
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:50 AM
Account Disabled

You will need a boost controller. I would suggest a Forge UNOS manual controller that we just happen to have in stock in both hand polished silver and black anodized.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd want to do the Ebay(Stainless Steel Autochrome) O2 housing($70) at the same time you swap out the turbine housing and DP. BTW, there is some extra horsies in porting your 10.5 hsg. and the stock exhaust manifold, as well.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

It's a great mod list overall, and you will have no problem reaching your max goal of 350whp. I bet you go above 350, personally.

Scott, no one else was talking about it or anything. I just remember you talking about it months ago. I could have sworn you said something about having to fix or replace your stocker with another 100% stock 05 turbo. In fact, I know you said something along those lines, but it was a while ago. Don't worry, it's not something I've gone around saying. I just remember reading it and filed it away. Didn't think about it again until you made the comment above.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:25 AM
Account Disabled

It's a great mod list overall, and you will have no problem reaching your max goal of 350whp. I bet you go above 350, personally.

Scott, no one else was talking about it or anything. I just remember you talking about it months ago. I could have sworn you said something about having to fix or replace your stocker with another 100% stock 05 turbo. In fact, I know you said something along those lines, but it was a while ago. Don't worry, it's not something I've gone around saying. I just remember reading it and filed it away. Didn't think about it again until you made the comment above.
Find it, because it is a figment of your imagination.

Only stock 05 replacement is a stock 05 5sp trans, not a turbo.

Trans was not "built", just a stock 2005 low mileage trans.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Could have just been the tranny reference, but I knew you had to get a 5spd, too, so I dunno what put that 05 turbo thing in my head. I'll look for it later, I guess...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 05:14 PM
Account Disabled

You'd be wasting your time, but please research the 1450 posts.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

You will need a boost controller. I would suggest a Forge UNOS manual controller that we just happen to have in stock in both hand polished silver and black anodized.
Cool will look into that, but can I ask a dumb q - the ECU controls the boost via the amal valve right so why do I need a manual boost controller if I'm not gona play with the boost once its set... (Ps. its more a weekend car)

Old Aug 3, 2006, 04:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sparky
I'd want to do the Ebay(Stainless Steel Autochrome) O2 housing($70) at the same time you swap out the turbine housing and DP. BTW, there is some extra horsies in porting your 10.5 hsg. and the stock exhaust manifold, as well.
OK sweet; thats a great tip...

Quick Reply: Evo 8 350hp+