Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Just changed clutch about to fill the fluids...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just changed clutch about to fill the fluids...

I just installed a ACT in my car yesterday, i am going to put in redline gear oil in the tranny and mobile 1 75-90 synthetic gear oil because i couldnt find the OEM Mitsu stuff and i need the car running today.

I read a bunch of horror stories with people running something other then the diaqueen stuff, im not much into myths but when i read it all over the place i started to wonder.

Now do u guys think the TC will hold for a few hundred miles while i recive the Diaqueen gear oil?

Also, when i was draining the tranny fluid, there was alot of metal sheilds and debri on the magnetic drain plug (the drain plug had a fro), how common is this??
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nerologic
I just installed a ACT in my car yesterday, i am going to put in redline gear oil in the tranny and mobile 1 75-90 synthetic gear oil because i couldnt find the OEM Mitsu stuff and i need the car running today.

I read a bunch of horror stories with people running something other then the diaqueen stuff, im not much into myths but when i read it all over the place i started to wonder.

Now do u guys think the TC will hold for a few hundred miles while i recive the Diaqueen gear oil?

Also, when i was draining the tranny fluid, there was alot of metal sheilds and debri on the magnetic drain plug (the drain plug had a fro), how common is this??
Get diaqueen. If you use the wrong fluid, say goodbye to your tc, it wont last at all.. The shavings on the plug is normal
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

yeah well i put in stuff that is recomended in the serviced manual, i ordered a gal of diaqueen but it will be here in a few days and i wont get a chance to put it in the tc for a few weeks so i was just worried about the tc going out like many thread have stated...

but im think im good im going to be braking in the tranny so im not going to run the car hard at all...

also note to self: getting the rear banjo bolt to mount a stainless clutch line is hell
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Play it safe and stay off boost (baby it, you should anyway to break in the clutch) Just take it easy till you get the right fluids in. I always changed my TC fluids every 7k (oil every 2k), it lasted till 47k along with my stock clutch (30k of those miles I was putting down 333 and 10k 390 on a mustang dyno. Then I put in an rs TC along with a triple disk exedy.

Who installed the clutch?

Don't you have a mitsu dealer close by to get the right fluids?

I would not drive it until I had the correct fluids in the car, but hey do what you want. Rent a chep car or something..
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

<--------changed the clutch

it was hell to be honest, i have messed with hondas for the past 6-7 years doing swaps the no one else was doing, and yet this was probably harder.

i did it at my friends shop, he just let be use his lift and his air, i just took my tools and about a day and a half it took me to change it out...

the oil i got was all that i found im going to run the TC fluid for around 500 miles once teh clutch is broken in il put the diaqueen fluid in.

i am just worried on the TC fluid, i know alot of people that have ran redline in the tranny w/o any problems...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

dont put regular gear oil in your tc, thats just asking for trouble. Go get redline heavy shockproof to put in yur tc, its 12 bucks a bottle and works great. I ran it in my 04 for 20k miles with no issues. Heavy shockproof or oem is all shep told me to run in the tc......
Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

do not put redline in your TC or trans! I tried that stuff and it sucks *****. I've used about 5 different combinations of fluids in my drivetrain so far and the best BY FAR is:

TC = Diaqueen or Redline HEAVY Shockproof. Both of these leave very little to NO metal shavings on the pickup magnet.

Trans = Royal Purple 75w-90. No metal shavings on the magnet either.

Anything else is a waste of time.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

yeah im waiting on teh diaqueen to come in so im going to change it when it gets here...