Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO won't start, wiring harness issues...

Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO won't start, wiring harness issues...

Yesterday a friend and I were installing the factory MR gauges and I while we were installing the oil line he was trying to drill through the firewall and hit some wires on the wiring harness on the passenger side and now my car won't start. We tried everything from disconnecting the gauges to rewiring the harness and nothing will work. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it, nothing seems to work for me though.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by NiteRider
Yesterday a friend and I were installing the factory MR gauges and I while we were installing the oil line he was trying to drill through the firewall and hit some wires on the wiring harness on the passenger side and now my car won't start. We tried everything from disconnecting the gauges to rewiring the harness and nothing will work. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it, nothing seems to work for me though.
That's terrible. If you've rewired the wiring which you damaged and that didn't fix the problem I would suggest you take a look at your fuses. When you hit the wiring with your drill it could have caused a short and blown a fuse or tons of fuses!

Report back!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

I did the ame exact thing about 1 1/2 years ago when I was installing my turbo timer. It ended up the I short-cicuited my ECU and fried it. I hope this isn't the case with you! It cost me a pretty penny to fix.

hope this helps and good luck.

Tyler
Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Probably blew a fuse check them all out

Search this Thread