Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

best turbo out?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
50 trim for a very well rounded powerband. 500 rpm more spool over stock but 500whp/500tq potential; even better when stroked
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took steves advice and decided to ask some one who has worked on evo ix's and asked which way to go. i talked to Alfred and Tunning Technolgies here in socal and decided to meet up with him this weekend and talk about which way im leaning on going for parts and tuning. ill post up what we think on after we meet up
Old Sep 25, 2006, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
The 50 trims have long been the choice of DSM-ers running pump. It's a great street turbo. If there were kits that bolted up and kept a stock look under the hood (like the 20G for example) they would be much more popular. I'm not 100% sure why it's not that easy, but I believe it has to do with the reverse flow that the Evo needs from its turbo. I sure wish somebody would release a 50 trim kit for around $1k that used all the stock lines, stock manifold, stock heat shield, etc. I know I'm not the only one.
that would b a dream
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this is a lil off subject again but i wanted to clarify the cam issue this thread is having. HKS is developing 280's for the evo 9, when finished they will come with a mivec controller. however they will only be released in japan, according to their tech reps. as for GSC they have finished the cams and they are available. No they dont have dyno sheets to prvoe they make power, but simple sience tells you they will. especially for higher performance applications. the longer you keep a valve open, properly tuned of course, the more fuel and more air get forced into the cylinder, thus making more power. Since GSC doesnt have dyno sheets available its up to you to decide if you wanna try them. they are the cheapest and looks like they will be for awhile. TT's are $900, HKS, after you import them, are $1200, And then GSC's are 599 for the pair. I have talked to both HKS and GSC personally about their cams thats how i know this. Personally I am gonna purchase the GSC cams on NOV. 1 unless i can come up with the cash before then. I would sooner but i just toasted my clutch and bought the XEDE from vishnu and the weapon R intake mani. so i am strapped for a while. sorry for getting off the turbo subject I just dont like it when desktop tuners give the wrong information out to people.