Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 9 TME Turbo 6 Blade Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, that's not a Mustang Dyno (sig) and isn't reading like a Mustang Dyno, but the gains are fairly consistent with going from an 8 to a 9 turbo.

The torque curve looks very, VERY strange. Is there something wrong with the spoolup? I would have expected peak torque about 1000 rpm earlier, but it is cool how the WHP curve flatlines instead of dropping off - that's the TME part, I guess.

Hey, are they really using EcuTek, or did you just forget to change that in your sig?
I had to correct my sig. The (mustang dyno) was left there by accident from my previous dyno experience.

Yes I am still using ECUTek. I have been using that ever since I got it from Nick at the wonderful Precision Tuning.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

I will attempt to have Mike or Corey from AMStuning to chime in for any of your concerns or questions. I am just here for one to share my great experience that I had once again from AMSTuning and to display my dyno tuning results with a Evo 9 20G TME 6 blade.

Last edited by Evo Police; Oct 22, 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately, not all Mustang Dynos read the same anyway. Some read really low (Buschur/Gruppe-S), and others read like Dynojets (CFT). You can't compare the numbers between some other Mustang Dyno and this dyno unfortunately, so we don't have any evidence of gains here. It would probably help if you at least showed the previous dynograph, but we can't do an overaly, unfortunately.

So, you stuck with EcuTek, and AMS-T has the EcuTek software to retune it? I'm surprised they would buy EcuTek flashing software so late in the game now that EcuFlash is out and costs nothing to use, whereas the EcuTek software costs $5k or so? Shrug.

Any plans to get to a track to verify anything? For instance, if this Dynomite thing really reads like a Mustang dyno (e.g. Buschur's), then you would trap 120-122, since your Dynojet-equivalent would be 430-440whp. If it reads like a Dynojet, you'll trap 116-117.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I plan to get to the track sometime. Right now I working 6 days a week with this crime emergency we have going on here in the Nations Capital. If I can't make it to a track, I may end up going over to a place lie Mach 5 and see what kind of number I put up over there.

Oh, yea don't quote me on what flashing software amstuning is using, I was asked a series of questions on what the car was previously flashed with and I told them ECUTek.
I pm'ed mike to respond to the thread to answer some questions I don't want to guess at.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

They do NOT use Ecutek. I asked directly and was told "no" FWIW. I will have the same setup baseline Dynoed on theirs as well as ISP's dynojet by weeks end and will post results...
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, ok, so maybe you're EcuFlashed, but that would mean they know how to decrypt an Ecutek licensed ECU. We'll see what Mike says.

Exciting News, that is "exciting news." I look forward to the results.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

You people with these BABY turbos.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Just the right numbers for me..
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Not using EcuTek - EcuFlash'ed.

We use Dynomite AWD Dynamometer; as far as the numbers, a 100% stock 9 MR put out roughly 245 whp, a tuned 9 MR with alot of bolt-ons put out 330whp @ 24psi, I consider the numbers fairly well-represented and consistent.

This particular car had a good map to start out with - I touched up the timing and fuel and stabilized boost, it felt great. These particular runs were made from 2000rpm to 7000rpm.

Mike
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

The original map was NOT locked - so it was probably just "flashed" as well.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

For reference, 244-245whp is what the stock IXs were putting out on Extreme's Dynojet at my last dyno day on a 50-60 degree day.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, that's not a Mustang Dyno (sig) and isn't reading like a Mustang Dyno, but the gains are fairly consistent with going from an 8 to a 9 turbo.

The torque curve looks very, VERY strange. Is there something wrong with the spoolup? I would have expected peak torque about 1000 rpm earlier, but it is cool how the WHP curve flatlines instead of dropping off - that's the TME part, I guess.

Hey, are they really using EcuTek, or did you just forget to change that in your sig?

The dyno doesn't load the car like a Mustang or DD dyno. Thats why your spool is so late. Shoulda dyno'd in 5th lol
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
The dyno doesn't load the car like a Mustang or DD dyno. Thats why your spool is so late. Shoulda dyno'd in 5th lol
Correction, this is a twin retarder Eddy Break dyno with load capability. However, on these runs the dyno was not being loaded and was used in inertia only mode.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
Dynojets aren't load bearing, and there is no noticable lack of spool. With my stock turbo, according to the Dynojet graph, I hit a peak wtq of 383 at 3850 rpm, and I crossed the 300wtq mark at 3300rpm (3rd gear). That's a regular VIII turbo. The 20g here is a bigger compressor housing and wheel, but with it being a TME, I wouldn't expect peak torque at 5000rpm, which is over 1000rpm later than mine.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AMSTuning.com
Correction, this is a twin retarder Eddy Break dyno with load capability. However, on these runs the dyno was not being loaded and was used in inertia only mode.
Wouldn't the tune be more representative of "every day driving" if the car was tuned using the load feature enabled?

Quick Reply: Evo 9 TME Turbo 6 Blade Dyno #'s