Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BOV question

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2003, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOV question

Looking to get a bov........... I have heard that greddyy tends to be the weaker of the bov's. I am looking at blitz and HKS. Do I buy the universal bov and the adapter to recirculate the air? Can somebody send me links to both of these products so I know which will fit my car. Also I want the bov to go exactly in the stock bov's place
Old May 15, 2003, 04:12 AM

Can you just vent your BOV? I love my vented stock BOV's.
Old May 15, 2003, 06:59 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

If you want a direct drop in BOV, get the Forge Motorsport BOV. I have one and recorded a sound clip here:
Listen to sound clip

Mark
Old May 15, 2003, 11:55 AM

I am also shopping around for a good BOV. That doesnt sound bad, but I want something louder. Is that vented to the atmosphere? I always hear people saying that if you VTA (vent to atmosphere) you will have idle surge and what-not but I had a 93 Talon AWD and had a TurboXS VTA and didnt have any idle surge or anything. I was really looking to get the HKS SSQV and VTA. How many people on here have their BOV VTA? (tell me what kind also).
Old May 15, 2003, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

when i have money i'll go with the hks ssqv. IMO it has the best design being a pull-type. therefore it won't leak...even under heavy *** boost. there are ppl that have modded one to fit...or you can go to ultimate racing and get theirs. it's a direct replacement kit.
Old May 15, 2003, 12:02 PM

I have the Greddy type S VTA with no issues.

Chris
Old May 15, 2003, 12:06 PM
slt
Evolved Member

What does an aftermarket BOV do for you other than change the sound? Does the stock one leak in the EVO??
Old May 15, 2003, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KK
If you want a direct drop in BOV, get the Forge Motorsport BOV. I have one and recorded a sound clip here:
Listen to sound clip

Mark

Mark,

Are you sure that's the Forge BOV and not the DV?.. They are a little different from eachother (probably sound different too).. especially since one dumps to the atmosphere:

-> Forge DV :

-> Forge BOV:

I'm trying to find sound clips of the BOV... because the sound clip you have sounds almost exactly like the DV that the VW 1.8T guys have (I used to have one myself)..

BTW, Forge makes awesome parts!..

Thanks man!

/Emil
Old May 15, 2003, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Second that Forge recommendation, and their DV is the direct drop in part. Seems louder than the stock one, likely due to much crisper action and better seal.
Old May 15, 2003, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Save your money and buy something functional.
Old May 15, 2003, 05:57 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by spooldswede

Mark,

Are you sure that's the Forge BOV and not the DV?.. They are a little different from eachother (probably sound different too).. especially since one dumps to the atmosphere:

-> Forge DV :

-> Forge BOV:

I'm trying to find sound clips of the BOV... because the sound clip you have sounds almost exactly like the DV that the VW 1.8T guys have (I used to have one myself)..

BTW, Forge makes awesome parts!..

Thanks man!

/Emil
Right now I have the VTA (BOV) version (wanted to see if it would work), but I am getting the re-circulating version to prevent any potential problems. I haven't experienced any as of yet though. I ususally call all valves blow off valves. I think Forge calls it a dump valve because they are based in Europe, but the difference between the two above is one vents to atmosphere while the other re-circulates like the stock unit. Both of them are direct drop ins and they cost the same amount so it just comes down to personal preference.

Mark
Old May 15, 2003, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by tryandcatchme
Save your money and buy something functional.
Someone with some sense!
Old May 15, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

i love the guys that come on here.. like the wrx guys and recently rx-7's (rx-7's now probably cus we beat the crap out of them on the road course.. where it used to be the champ) and act tough and like they know everything!

here's to them ->

Old May 15, 2003, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by spooldswede
i love the guys that come on here.. like the wrx guys and recently rx-7's (rx-7's now probably cus we beat the crap out of them on the road course.. where it used to be the champ) and act tough and like they know everything!

here's to them ->

Actually, I came on here to find a Evo that I recently killed and was considering getting one.

Shows some stats that an Evo can take an R1 on a road course then I'll believe it.
Old May 15, 2003, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

sure.

best motoring raced the rx-7 on the tskuba (sp) circuit and got a best lap time of 1:05.98... while the evo 7 got 1:05.69..

done.

Quick Reply: BOV question