Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

50 shot on evo 9?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sean do it.. do it..
Do it right though

NX Wet Kit
Bottle Heater
MSD Window Switch
NX Purge Kit
etc.

50-75 shot is no problem but run race gas.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled

Nos = problems in the long run.!! Unless your car is set up to run it.!!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vito1
Nos = problems in the long run.!! Unless your car is set up to run it.!!
What do you mean set up to run it? He'll need a fuel pump and maybe a clutch.

Explain to us what "NOS" will do to the evo motor. There are people running GT35R turbos and adding 200HP to stock evo motors without a glitch. A 50 shot is next to nothing.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:58 PM

I have been running a 100 shot wet kit I put together for an extremely long time now. No issues. It took some proper fuel jet sizing to get the a/f correct, but that is because the EVO is so extremely rich.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 08:04 PM

Quick nitrous install question.
Where are you guys Teeing off for the fuel?
Are there any good write ups on installing a nitrous kit on an evo?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by almostanevo
Quick nitrous install question.
Where are you guys Teeing off for the fuel?
Are there any good write ups on installing a nitrous kit on an evo?

Thanks
There are 2 ways to get the fuel for the wet kit. One is to go with an afternarket fuel rail that has a spot for it. The second and cheaper way is to call Pruven Performance in CT. They make a nice little adapter for the end of your fuel rail with 2 additional ports. One for the fuel source and one for a FP gauge if you want one. It is about $60 and works perfectly. Nitrous is as safe as you make it. Do your homework, have some datalogging tools. Back off timing a couple of degees and you should be fine. Just make sure you have some way to log knock which is the eventual killer of 90% of our engines. Keep that and your AFR's in check and you are good to go. It was the best bang for the buck mod I have done thus far. I am still in the tuning stages, but I can already tell I have unleashed a monster. You may also want to figure out a way to limit the RPM that you spray at. Spraying below 3K is a no no and spraying to the rev limiter is a big no no. First gear on the juice is all but useless. Just a lot of tire spin. I am working on a switch on the wheel to activate the N20 after 1st gear. I use the UTEC to control the RPM and throttle position trigger.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

do meth before you do nitrous...thats all i have to say about that
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used an "T" fitting from Earls and spliced right into the fuel line just after the fuel filter.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:08 AM

I'm not for or against nitrous. I don't use it nor do I use meth. What I don't understand is why so many people say not to use nitrous because it'll cause problems but then they say to use meth. I see on a weekly basis new threads on how the meth system failed and blew up the motor or caused serious problems. To me it seems like meth is just as dangerous than nitrous.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

From the stories ive heard you shouldn't spray unless you built the bottom end.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by T67Evo
From the stories ive heard you shouldn't spray unless you built the bottom end.
This depends on many factors. How much HP are you making before you spray. How big a shot. Where in the RPM range that you spray etc. On a 400 WHP Evo the safe limit is about a 50 shot maybe 75 but that is pushing it. A good friend of mine with all the supporting mods, a TME Mag wheel turbo, and meth sprayed a 50 shot for years or brutal use and abuse with no ill effects. It was only after getting a little greedy and trying a 100 shot that he sent a rod through the block. Forged internal would definitly be the way to go if you have that choice, but a 50 shot or below and you will not be stressing the internals anymore than a big turbo would.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

A 75 shot wet, walbro high pressure 255 lph pump, 1 step colder than stock NGK copper plugs and a quick ecu tune from a knowledgable tuner. Do intake/exhaust first if you haven't already.

This has worked great for our customers and I'm totally comfortable with it on 93 octane pump gas as long as you maintain your car properly. I strongly recommend a WOT switch and a window switch with the nitrous kit as well as maintaining proper bottle pressure and using proper installation, maintenance and safety precautions as with any nitrous oxide setup.

You thought your stock turbo spooled quickly before, but with a 75 shot it's like an on/off switch.

-Mike

Last edited by Inn-Tune; Jan 20, 2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

I used a wet kit. 32N 18F jets. went from 12.50's to 11.80s and made the car easier to launch. Id put good gas in it though. I used that pruven rail adapter. Its expensive for what it is though.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

I ran a 50 shot all summer on my evo, no issues, you start pushing the limits on stock turbo when you go to a 75 shot and higher...

Quick Reply: 50 shot on evo 9?