Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Pedal Adjustment Problem

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Clutch Pedal Adjustment Problem

Alright guys, I have done a clutch pedal adjustment on my car before. I have about 5 threads left on the rod and was starting to get a 3rd gear grind under high revving fast shifts. I knew it was time to change the transmission fluid and adjust the pedal.

Here is the problem......I went under the car with the 12mm wrench and could not get the locknut to move AT ALL. I am not an idiot and I was definitely turning the nut the right way. I even tried turning it the other way after about 10 minutes out of frustration. If anyone has had this problem before please chime in. I hit the rod up with some WD-40 and will go at it again tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep trying, its really not that hard. Its against a thin metal braket, push to one side and try to break it free.
Old May 14, 2007, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChuckP
Keep trying, its really not that hard. Its against a thin metal braket, push to one side and try to break it free.
Well I tried again the next day when I was fresh. We installed a short shifter and all the related bushings on my buddies STI before I tried to adjust the clutch and my hands were about done. I still didnt have any luck. I sprayed some more WD-40 on it and will try again after work today.
Old May 14, 2007, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant get mine to adjust right with the exedy twin either. its annoying as hell so hard to get into gear and i cant bring the clutch out any farther.
Old May 14, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostinpsi
i cant get mine to adjust right with the exedy twin either. its annoying as hell so hard to get into gear and i cant bring the clutch out any farther.
If its hard to get into gear I would try changing the transmission fluid. I only get the high rpm grind in 3rd gear when shifting really fast. (racing)
Old May 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW PB Blaster is better than WD40. Give it a try.

Also try a LITTLE heat with a propane torch. Do not make it glow red just get it fairly warm.

Last edited by chmodlf; May 14, 2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old May 14, 2007, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chmodlf
BTW PB Blaster is better than WD40. Give it a try.

Also try a LITTLE heat with a propane torch. Do not make it glow red just get it fairly warm.
If it doesnt work I will try PB Blaster. Propane torch is pretty much out of the question since the pedal is so close to the fuse box .