Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy Twin Rebuild Kit?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2007, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats BS! I have a Mcleod twin disc in my z06, that clutch is around $2k new and it only cost $450 for a complete rebuild. That rebuild includes replacing all the components in the PP, two brand new discs, resurfacing all the friction surfaces and balancing. Basically you get a BRAND NEW clutch again for $450 rather then spending another $2k. Big thumbs down to Exedy.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Well you get the same thing from Exedy if you can buy the rebuild parts lol... It just sucks that I really like the clutch but if forced to spend another 2k I'll buy something that keeps rebuild kits stocked up.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

did I misunderstand you or something, do they sell a rebuild kit for their twin discs or not?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Yes they do although I don't see it listed on their webpage. The only problem is one of needed parts for the rebuild is back ordered or something like that.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

if your floater plate can be resurfaced as well as your pressure plate and flywheel all 3 would be 30 bucks and the 2 discs should cost you around 530 bucks.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Yes they do although I don't see it listed on their webpage. The only problem is one of needed parts for the rebuild is back ordered or something like that.

Ok, so they do actually sell rebuild kits. All I need are the discs because my friction surfaces should be go with just a refacing.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrMejia
if your floater plate can be resurfaced as well as your pressure plate and flywheel all 3 would be 30 bucks and the 2 discs should cost you around 530 bucks.
$530.00 for 2 discs is criminal. I'm sorry but anyone who pays that amount is dumb as a box of rocks. 2 dics should cost no more the $250 and thats on the high side of retail.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking Buschur didn't recommend resurfacing these pieces but I'll double check. 530 seems high but a lot cheaper than 1500-2000 lol
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
I'm thinking Buschur didn't recommend resurfacing these pieces but I'll double check. 530 seems high but a lot cheaper than 1500-2000 lol

Yeah I didn't mean to come off like an *** with the 'dumb as a box of rocks' statement, just that I get fired up when I see vendors try and take advantage of people. Thats exactly what $530 for 2 discs is too, taking advantage.

I don't see why you couldn't resurface the FW, PP and maybe even the intermediate plate if they all needed it. Its standard protocol when putting in new discs.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 08:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
Yeah I didn't mean to come off like an *** with the 'dumb as a box of rocks' statement, just that I get fired up when I see vendors try and take advantage of people. Thats exactly what $530 for 2 discs is too, taking advantage.

I don't see why you couldn't resurface the FW, PP and maybe even the intermediate plate if they all needed it. Its standard protocol when putting in new discs.
Without knowing the wholesale cost of two replacement discs, commenting on the retail price of replacement parts makes the commenter " as you put it ".

Insinuating that a retail vendor is taking advantage of a customer on pricing without knowing how much EXEDY charges for replacement discs makes the commenter " as you put it ".
Old Aug 13, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Without knowing the wholesale cost of two replacement discs, commenting on the retail price of replacement parts makes the commenter " as you put it ".

Insinuating that a retail vendor is taking advantage of a customer on pricing without knowing how much EXEDY charges for replacement discs makes the commenter " as you put it ".
Here you go again .
I'm glad you are threatened by me enough that you have to make unnessicary comments in every thread I post in.

Unless you have something useful to add to the subject your opinion is not needed.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

what makes you think I don't know the whole sale price of 2 discs?
I have a sales account @ Clutchnet who can make basically any clutch disc I ask for, so yeah I think I know what they go for retail & whoelsale which is I why I made that post.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
what makes you think I don't know the whole sale price of 2 discs?
I have a sales account @ Clutchnet who can make basically any clutch disc I ask for, so yeah I think I know what they go for retail & whoelsale which is I why I made that post.
Clutchnet does not manufacture the EXEDY discs.

When you have the pricing for EXEDY discs and can speak intelligently on the value of wholesale and retail pricing of discs, please check back with the thread.

In the end, you DO NOT know how much EXEDY charges for their discs and therefore your comments on vendors "taking advantage of buyers" based on their pricing is not only irresponsible, but lacks any factual data.

TTP-Engineering sells the discs for less than the prices mentioned previously in this thread, however we DO KNOW what they cost from EXEDY and they are VERY EXPENSIVE.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Clutchnet does not manufacture the EXEDY discs.

When you have the pricing for EXEDY discs and can speak intelligently on the value of wholesale and retail pricing of discs, please check back with the thread.

In the end, you DO NOT know how much EXEDY charges for their discs and therefore your comments on vendors "taking advantage of buyers" based on their pricing is not only irresponsible, but lacks any factual data.

TTP-Engineering sells the discs for less than the prices mentioned previously in this thread, however we DO KNOW what they cost from EXEDY and they are VERY EXPENSIVE.
Obviously a vendor who sells their product is going to say what they charge is fair. Lucky for those vendors there are a lot of uninformed people on this board with more dollars then sense that are willing to pay those kinds of prices because they don't know better. I am not one of those people.

The FACT is that a clutch disc, regardless if its made by exedy or clutchnet, is still only a clutch disc. There are only so many things that can change which is why I said Clutchnet can build any disc I ask for, all I need to provide them with is the specs. IIRC, the Exedy twin I have uses sprung organic 7" discs, all I would need is the spline count and walla new discs for much less then $250 retail.

Since my trans is out I'm going to measure everything and give my rep @ clutchner a shout to see what he can do. Anyone else reading this if you need discs let me know your specs and I can order them for at the same time I order mine.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

hmm maybe if we knew how much that clutch disks that vendors actually buy them for we could judge how fair of a price it is, but for "sales reasons " we probably won't find that out , as for me 530 for two disks ? i dont care who makes them or what they're made of is just high.

Quick Reply: Exedy Twin Rebuild Kit?!?!