Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

put uicp on , now tranny is jerking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put uicp on , now tranny is jerking

i put the buschur upper intercooler pipe on with 1g bov didnt recirculate into intake, now when i drive it the tranny clunks in every gear , wont shift right, i have a problem with the transfer case already but it was fine in all the gears i could shift right but it still whined , but now its all the gears, and it feels like the clutch aint engaging right when i put it in gear , can somebody help me out with this?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look at the shift linkage or the slave cylinder. they are close to the uicp, something probably just got bumped and jammed. you'll find it.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Don't think you're tranny is "jerking". Maybe your car is stuttering from the bov not being recirculated??
Old Aug 12, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binh
Don't think you're tranny is "jerking". Maybe your car is stuttering from the bov not being recirculated??
Exactly what he said. Don't vent your BOV, it's going to make your car do what you are describing. Put the stocker back and test it or better yet put your stock UICP back on, send the Buschur one back. Get your money's worth and spend it on a more worthwhile mod.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

I would say your issues is the venting your dv to atmosphere.....not the transmission. Why you did that is beyond me, if you want the psshh sound then get a cone filter. No need to re-invent the wheel, a little research and you would have known it causes driveability issues.

The bushcur uicp is a good mod because it shortens the charges pipes up which does help. The uicp's that are worthless are the ones that follow the stock piping route. The shorter you can make your charge pipes the better you will be.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

+1987459834, you answered your own problem "didnt recirculate into intake"
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, why in the world would you not connect your BOV all the way? It is not to be run wide open like that. This is causing all the jerking...
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

not sure y i did what i did lol , ill recirculate the bov and see how it goes thanks guys for the input
Old Aug 12, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

car runs fine now thanks for the help
Old Aug 12, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

with the buschur licp i had to take off the turbo inlet pipe and it bolts right to the bottom of the turbo , and i had to move my boost controller to tube bov vacuum source is that the only way i could go?is that ok ?