Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question for those spraying NOS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wouldn't recommend ZEX because they have a non-standard control box.

I do like NX and NOS.

JJ
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for NOS I have seen cars that never did run a number from their kits.

Maybe owner error. Either way, I know what worked for me. As well. I must say I had a problem with a nozzle when I piced together a cheap kit. It was from a direct port kit. Trying to run a 150 shot through it. It would not run worth a damn on the spray.

I checked everything. Only thing left was the nozzle. I called NOS after a half hour I finally got a guy that was passionate about working there. He dug up some specs on the nozzle and told me the orfice size. Which was smaller then my nitrous jet's orfice. Problem found. Matt at Harris is the one that suggested the nozzle causing the problem. He knows his **** and said that it prob does not support my size of shot. That nozzle was good for about 80 hp of nitrous. Combine that with seven more and that kit would do 500 hp. Makes sense after you know what going on.

There is a lesson here for noods to the nitrous. Get proper kit that is designed for the car. Either FI universal or EVO specific kit.

Owens
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

I had an NOS kit in my previous vehicle and it worked just fine. All the major vendors have good stuff and they all make the same HP. The jets are what makes the power.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:58 AM

If I were to run meth and nitrous, does it matter what order the nozzles are in on the UICP?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't combine the two. I would run meth daily then turn it off and run race gas when spraying. Reason being too much fuel in the intake track can cause a nitrous backfire. I've had one of those and its not pretty. But if you were to do it I would put the meth nozzle first then the nitrous nozzle.

Last edited by Jeff_Jeske; Sep 17, 2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I wouldn't combine the two. I would run meth daily then turn it off and run race gas when spraying. Reason being too much fuel in the intake track can cause a nitrous backfire. I've had one of those and its not pretty. But if you were to do it I would put the meth nozzle first then the nitrous nozzle.

I am thinking the backfire comes from puddling in the intake. If the fuel is atomized correctly there should be no puddling. This has been a problem on inferior nozzles in the past. NOS you reading this? lol Today's nozzles are way better at getting the fuel suspended in the air preventing puddling.

You do make a very valid point that needs to be considered. I would think that a nitrous system that has its own fuel system running race gas would be ideal. Keep the meth for street duty and daily blasts. Seems like a lot of tuning and a lot of variables that can go wrong and result in engine failure.

K. I. S. S.

Keep It Simple Stupid something to keep in the back of your mind. A complex system is not near as desirable as simple effective system. IMO.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I had an NOS kit in my previous vehicle and it worked just fine. All the major vendors have good stuff and they all make the same HP. The jets are what makes the power.

FWIW
I never said the NOS kits did not work. I said I seen them running slower then other kits. As stated could be user. Most likely in the jet set. Either way I would not buy NOS myself.