Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2nd gear prob's!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, I was thinkin that was the way it was gonna be, but I'll try adjusting the clutch peddle first. Anyone ever delt with Jacks Transmissions? They have a rebuild kit that they do in house for $799, and I've talked to someone who said they do good work?

John
Old Oct 20, 2007, 06:37 AM
Account Disabled

They do good work but i called and they said it can take more than a couple weeks to get it done and i didnt like that. Sheps current lead time was just over 2 weeks. Buschur's lead was 1 week for their bushwacker stage 1 which was my choice. If you have a buddy in a tranny shop i still have my old 5 spd and opened the case lastweek to see the actual damage and its only the 2nd synchro which is like what $90 to get youd just need somone to install it.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dueces
haha, I was thinkin that was the way it was gonna be, but I'll try adjusting the clutch peddle first. Anyone ever delt with Jacks Transmissions? They have a rebuild kit that they do in house for $799, and I've talked to someone who said they do good work?

John
TurboTrix does tranny work too. You might give them a call. They have an ad in their forum for it.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll look around. I think I will just have all the syncros, and anything that needs fixed, changed out.

On a side note, I just ran it at the track for $hits and giggles, and ran 12.59@109, with no second gear! This was with cams, exhaust, mbc, and a partial ECUflash tune......

John