Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New turbo purchased...Need help on setup

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New turbo purchased...Need help on setup

I have an AGP HP66 turbo (.82 A/R, DBB T3, 4" inlet & 2.5" outlet) on the way and need some input on installation and what needs to be modified. I already know a slim puller fan is required, but what other bugs or fitment issues might I run into? Now onto the manifold...I want to run a cast manifold as it will be a daily driven street car. I have been torn between the Hafe and Tomei manifolds until I found the Rev-Hard manifold on Ebay. I searched and found a thread on it but I need some feedback on it compared to my other two choices. I need to know which manifolds will clear my A/C and power steering and allow me to run a full 3" DP. Next what will I need as far as fittings to plumb the oil and water lines? Finally, I was just planning on just doing a custom setup on the exhaust outlet, o2 bung, downpipe connection and licp. Is there a company that already has any of these parts pre-made to help me out? I called TurboTrix who sells a kit with this turbo but they weren't very helpful as I guess this is a fairly new turbo. Also if anyone has happen to run this turbo on a 2.0, any info as far as spool characteristics and power with my setup (listed in signature) would be greatly appreciated. Tons of pictures would be awesome. I have a few but I'm sure someone has something better. Thanks guys,

Robert
Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

You should be able to use the stock water lines, you just might have to bend em a little to fit. I'm pretty sure you can get the oil feed, and return setup from Buschur, but I may be wrong.... Most kits that i've seen that use a cast manifold, and 3 inch DP have no trouble clearing A/C, and the power steering pump. Post some pics of turbo when you get it..
Old Oct 31, 2007, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Simply go to the agp website and they have a few pics of the turbo. So the new turbo won't have different fittings? Anyone have anymore info?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

sounds really nice! good luck with the install
Old Oct 31, 2007, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks! It shouldn't be too hard but I want some feedback on what fits so I don't wind up buying parts I can't use.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

Bump...Come on guys help me out!
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Jeez evom is giving me the cold shoulder here...