Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stage II Stock Turbo IX with Aquamist 464 TQ 416 WHP !

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarmacisback69
ok here you have al hitting 418 whp on 27-28 psi. What makes it so hard for you to believe 450 isnt possible with the help of AEM EMS and spiking the the turbo 5 more psi then al is. I also think Al couldve did atleast 440 on that car with ems and more psi.

you said before 4ws did 438 on stock ecu. what makes it so unbelieve that with fine tuning on ems 4ws easly couldve done more hp aswell.

stock turbo build on ems. no maf u could use intake mani porting, ect.. list could go on to get more power.

as far as proof such as dyno graphs or videos. as i mentioned before. this guy isnt on forums. he is a local around here we seen at a dyno day.

sure its doable.... he could have made another 15whp and 20trq but it wouldnt have been any faster on the street, thats just a dyno number... with cams, o2, header, licp he would have made another useable 30whp and 20-30wtrq.

without proof, claims are as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
This is a valid observation

In most cases I am very gentle on cars being road tested after a dyno tune

In this case - the principal objective of the car was to have a fast street racing machine, thus we needed to test it on one pass with a full 1st - through 5th simulated racing run to make sure there were no rough spots or hesitation between shifts

On most if not all test drives I take I take the customer with me so they can observe everything that is going on and ask them before I take a simulated run through the gears
Okay thats what I kinda figured. I have been following your Aquamist videos and they are quite impressive. One question for you since it looks like your experience with Aquamist is pretty good...what kit do you think is best for a bolt on Evo IX with stock turbo or FPGreen, the HFS-1 or HFS-5. Have you found any drawbacks of either one or something you prefer over the other?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This car was peaking at about 27 - 28 psi - we had the wastgate disconnected at one point and also crushed the BOV which gained 21 TQ

I have a video I will be posting later of the whole process

AL

You disconnect the WGA on a IX Turbo, and it will instantly Spike at over 33 psi on a Dyno Pull started at under 3000 rpms.

Something has got to be wrong with the Boost Gauge on this car.

I have looked at the Video and the Dyno Plot.

No way a Stock Turbo is going to hold that much HP until past 7000 rpms as shown on the Graph, on Stock Cams, at 27 psi peak, droping to 20 psi with those Mods.

Does not make sence, if the Line to the WGA was off.

The car is making too much power for the Mods listed at those Boost Levels.

I personally don't believe it. I am sorry.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by VW4life
damn impressive either way - especially without cams. I was really happy when I put down the numbers I did w/cams and meth.

I changed to the Forge and it holds boost great just the partial throttle is annoying.

We need to meet up sometime...
I was thinking of that although there is a new tial Recirculating one that I may invest in.

I just got meth myself, threads like these make me optimistic.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dbsears87
Okay thats what I kinda figured. I have been following your Aquamist videos and they are quite impressive. One question for you since it looks like your experience with Aquamist is pretty good...what kit do you think is best for a bolt on Evo IX with stock turbo or FPGreen, the HFS-1 or HFS-5. Have you found any drawbacks of either one or something you prefer over the other?
I

prefer the HFS 1 as it seems to make more sense for where we need more alcohol in the powerband. The 5 is a great kit but it delivers the most alcohol in areas of the power band we need less and visa versa. The HFS 1 is cheaper and works better IMHO
Old Jan 6, 2008, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
You disconnect the WGA on a IX Turbo, and it will instantly Spike at over 33 psi on a Dyno Pull started at under 3000 rpms.

Something has got to be wrong with the Boost Gauge on this car.

I have looked at the Video and the Dyno Plot.

No way a Stock Turbo is going to hold that much HP until past 7000 rpms as shown on the Graph, on Stock Cams, at 27 psi peak, droping to 20 psi with those Mods.

Does not make sence, if the Line to the WGA was off.

The car is making too much power for the Mods listed at those Boost Levels.

I personally don't believe it. I am sorry.
there are always haters and neighsayers. I prefer to keep going forward and figuring things out. After 5 years of tuning Evos all over North America I don't need to fabricate dyno claims. It is what it is.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 07:38 PM

All cars are different. They all make different power. Some cars are freaks from the factory and some of them are lemons. Just like some cars have bad idle with atmospheric bovs and some do not. Al has no reason to make false claims. He has already proved himself all around North America. I mean he proved himself to me.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there are always haters and neighsayers. I prefer to keep going forward and figuring things out. After 5 years of tuning Evos all over North America I don't need to fabricate dyno claims. It is what it is.
I am not a hater nor a neighsayer, as you put it.

I don't have a reason to be in this case.

I own one of the best 20G performing Evos in "North America".

I have been doing this for a while, just like you. You do need "to keep going forward and figuring things out".

I know what you mean about "it is what it is".

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Jan 6, 2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Deleted comments not necessary.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
I am not a hater nor a neighsayer, as you put it.

I don't have a reason to be in this case.

I own one of the best 20G performing Evos in "North America".

I have been doing this for a while, just like you. You do need "to keep going forward and figuring things out". Like better Marketing, to start.

We know about your past parts testings, results and claims. So yes, it is what it is, .
I hear what you are saying. You definitely need to be boosting higher than 26 to be making those torque numbers. The customer already claimed that the boost gauge is off. He is probably running more. I know you can check boost by the amount of load. It is not hard to make those numbers on a IX with meth but with the given mods it would be harder. I am pretty sure he pulled it back after those runs so it is reliable. I hear what you are saying about faster cars though. I am 370 full bolt on without meth and I helped 4ws with his monster in the progress so it is doable.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

.....Edit.....

Last edited by LilRico; Jan 6, 2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I wont waste your time...
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

wow that is some kind of record. but isn't bad to disconnect the wastegate? nice for a stock evo 9 turbo. mine is on a stock evo 8 turbo look at sig.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

lilrico was their he seen my car do it.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

All this bickering over silly dyno numbers. Who cares about dyno records. With that power, this car should run 121mph maybe even faster. If he goes to the track and runs 119mph... case closed. I for one, dont believe for a remote second, 464ft/lb of tq was made with "27-28" psi. Thats just way too hard to believe. Most people with stockers making 410-420tq are at LEAST running 30psi. Youre telling me this guy made 30-40 MORE TORQUE with 3psi less!!! Ha!
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those are some pretty good numbers, although I think the car was boosting more than 26-27 psi to achieve that type of tq number.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

wow, stock TURBO?? this is going to make ppl think why buy a Green or any other turbo...
so what kind of numbers should i be seeing with this set-up that is almost done on my car....

FP Green 10.5hs (ported/coated)
HKS 272s
Ported Mani (coated)
HKS RS Intake
stainless 02 Housing (coated)
AMS LICP
3in TBE w/ cat delete
Aquamist HFS-5 @ 100% meth (to start)
Greddy EBC (shooting for 31psi)
and Prolite flywheel(for whever that adds...)

and im at about 700ft elv.

Im asking cause that kind of power with the Stock 9 turbo is crazy...im guess i should make atleast that...

Quick Reply: Stage II Stock Turbo IX with Aquamist 464 TQ 416 WHP !