Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Eneos vs Amsoil

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eneos vs Amsoil

Im currently running Eneos 0w-50 in my bpu evo and im looking to try something different ive been looking at the Amsoil 0w-30 signature series oil and am thinking about trying that next. Just looking to get some opinions from everybody to see what you think of either one and which one you liked better if you have used it. thanks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TougeTuned00
Im currently running Eneos 0w-50 in my bpu evo and im looking to try something different ive been looking at the Amsoil 0w-30 signature series oil and am thinking about trying that next. Just looking to get some opinions from everybody to see what you think of either one and which one you liked better if you have used it. thanks in advance.
hey. im from hopatcong too.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TougeTuned00
o yea. about the oil. i have no clue. i run mobile 1 10-30 and im swapping to amsoil 10-30
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stay with the ENEOS! It's the best stuff currently available.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

I had an oil analysis done on my Eneos oil through Blackstone Labs, but I don't remember how to convert a .PDF to an image so that I can upload the results. I also did TBN test to see if the oil looses viscosity quickly as some has suggested.

Any tips would be helpful...thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

I ran the Mobil1 10w30, ran the Redline 10w30 and now i am running the AMSOIL Sig series 0W30...

I am sticking with AMSOIL, The car idles better, revs faster, comes into temp faster, the engine is more quite...

I am sticking with Amsoil...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith-PURE Tuning
Stay with the ENEOS! It's the best stuff currently available.
++++++++++++++1
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

For you guys saying the eneos oil is "the best", please give us some details as to why it is the best.

I am currently running the amsoil 0w-30, it definately revs faster, but I did notice it was burning a little bit. Could be just my eyes, so I will have to check again as I was kinda surprised.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

eneos is the $h*t love it theres a guy on here ran his car on the dyno with mobill 1 drained it put in eneos dynoed and made 8whp, i dont remember where the thread is though. I run eneos now and love it also they say u dont have to change it till 10,000 miles lol but i change mine very 3,000 just tell u guys what i read and heard
Old Feb 28, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Bump, my oil analysis said that everything was fine with the oil but they found 2.3% fuel in the oil. The highest range on their scale is 2%, so they say it's a little high. The TBN number was 4, which is a bit low but not too much...they suggest the cause of the lower than normal TBN may be associated with the higher than normal percentage of fuel found in the oil.

I'm going to do another oil analysis next time I change the oil since this will be only the second time I'm running Eneos. Before that I ran stock Mobil for three oil changes, then Royal Purple for two oil changes, and now Eneos.

Apparently, the oil does not loose it's effectiveness after 1000 or so miles as some have suggested.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by subaruwrx420
Bump, my oil analysis said that everything was fine with the oil but they found 2.3% fuel in the oil.

I always thought turbocharged applications experience greater fuel saturation than their NA counterparts. I don't know the conditions of your vehicle or mileage at which you drained, but given your percentage was "off the charts" I wonder how much of a risk that is. What is a TBN number?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

most oil testing companies use the term tbn (total base number) usually used in referance to the retention of the detergents to keep your engine clean and the antioxidant numbers to stop corrosion inside the engine. Most oil testing labs will give you a full break down with everying that your oild contained including what types of metals found and what chemicals and why those metals or chemicals are there.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

^^What he said.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

ENEOS 0-50w is good stuff.

I have yet to try it, but planning to try it this year.
I've been running Royal Purple, haven't had any issues.

Here's a vid of the ENEOS oil testing... the silver bottle looks like Mobile 1...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb1YzGcEUCI
Old Feb 28, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
TBN is the amount of active ingredients currently in the oil, as the oil goes through it cycles, heat, fuel saturation, ect.. it loses the active ingredients, making the oil less effective.

Fuel saturation plays a huge part in oil effectiveness, if the oil can not off gas the fuel then the flash point of the oil goes down, as it goes down, the fuel burns easier. This is where you'll here some people complain about burning oil. because it is burning actually It usually follows with a higher than normal fule smell in the oil. If you are raly interested in oils go to www.bobistheoilguy.com

Quick Reply: Eneos vs Amsoil