Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

UICP help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
UICP help

Hello,
I ordered an intercoler kit with the upper and lower piping. Unfortunately it did not come with any installation instructions, and after a couple of hours with two other people we could not figure out how to get it installed. I always believed that this should have been a very quick job since my car is all apart already but nothing seems to go my way these days...Anyway looking around for some ideas i realized that the injen uicp has a bracket that looks very similar to my pipe. Its located right next to the flange/bong whatever you want to call it for the dv. Does anyone have any good pictures of this showing what it is bolted to or could someone explain to me what it is bolted to? Im in desperate need of help!!! Thanks everyone
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the one that is shaped like a weird "U" and gets skinny on one end is the LICP. The one that is shaped like your stock piece with the bracket is the lower portion of the uicp and the other piece is attached to the TB.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ey buddy i have the Injen UICP/intake and it bolts up just fine. Work around it and just keep making suggestments and it'll bolt up just right. Sorry i dont have any pics as of right now kinda wished i did so you could see but honestly it bolts up just fine.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen pictures of the setup so i have a general idea where they go but for a good 3 hours at least we could not figure out how they actually go. Heres the link to the item for reference.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...mZ250222758116
I am just for starters trying to figure out where that one bracket bolts to. I just happened to notice that it seems to be the same thing as on the injen uicp
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evohang
Ey buddy i have the Injen UICP/intake and it bolts up just fine. Work around it and just keep making suggestments and it'll bolt up just right. Sorry i dont have any pics as of right now kinda wished i did so you could see but honestly it bolts up just fine.
Do you remember what that piece actually bolts to?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just think, had you supported a real vendor they could have walked you through it, helped you with it and probably would have even had instructions in with it.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Just think, had you supported a real vendor they could have walked you through it, helped you with it and probably would have even had instructions in with it.
im sorry im on a tight budget so i was in no position to spend a lot of money on the setup. I just purchased your intake and pipe kit so you dont have to completely hate me...
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, haha, sorry then. I just hate seeing guys buy this crap from ebay, that intercooler really does suck. The testing of it is on our website in the forums.

I do appreciate you buying our stuff.

I say it all the time. Rather than spend your hard earned money on something that isn't the best, you are much better off to just wait patiently until you can afford the better part.

Did you figure it out and get it on? I hope so.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Believe me if i could buy the real things i would. But the reality of it is that im an 18 year old without a bunch of disposable income. My stock intercooler and lower piping needed to be replaced so i decided to give it a shot. Im not planning on heavily modding my evo at least as of right now so i figured that if it would make power then why not? Anyway I havent been able to figure it out yet. I just feel bad because my car is sitting on the lift taking up space and i just dont want to waste the guys time anymore. After all his time is money...If anyone else would like to chime in with some help that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone??? Im going back right after school hopefully not emptyhanded this time
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

where in MA are you? Maybe I can show you...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:36 AM

sorry if i sound like i'm beating a dead horse or however the saying goes...but i definately agree with dave on waiting patiently on getting the best parts instead of getting less quality. i know that you do not have a lot of disposable income, but why did you have to replace the fmic? couldn't claim it under your insurance?

as for the kit you have and after looking at the pictures...this may be a stupid suggestioun but, why not try calling/emailing the company that created the kit and have them talk you through it or at least email you a set of instructions?

good luck with the install
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Like he said his intercooler and pipes needed to be replaced, he wrecked his car. Patients have gone out the window.