Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Driven Innovations Intake Manifold Saftey Notice

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom is a GREAT guy! Customer service is amazing and you can not get a better product. Pictures will be posted soon of a new design and setup.

Keep up the good work DI!

Chris
Old May 21, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

If anything, this thread shows how much of a great stand up guy Tom is...
Old May 21, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CanadianTSi
If anything, this thread shows how much of a great stand up guy Tom is...
Old May 21, 2008, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled

If DI feels this thread is not needed then I have no problem with the moderators deleting it.

I love the DI product and it works great on the ICS Bad Bish. I am not "bashing" DI.

However, fuel rail attachment is a serious consideration which can have lethal consequences. A perfect example is what happened to the Show Down DSM at the Shootout a few years ago.

If DI has contacted all effected parties then the thread is irrelevant and should be deleted.

My function here was to point out an issue which has effected two cars in the hopes of helping to avoid a potential disasterous situation. No one notified me to tell me the car strapped on my dyno and which I was driving around in had an issue. Perhaps, DI can make its own advisory and this one can be deleted?
Old May 21, 2008, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice stand up move Al, it's a safety issue and there is nothing wrong with notifying anyone that may be helped.
Tom is a stand up guy and I am sure he will do what he can to rectify it.

Fuel leaks like this can be potentially disasterous, not something to F around with.
The exhaust system runs right below the fuel rail..................................get them fixed.

Sean
Old May 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom with what everyone is saying here you are a well liked guy by many top venders that love your product... including mself! I say ignore this thread and move foward with your products. Anyone that reads this now knows you mean buisness, by building top notch products and staying onto your game with any problems that may occur.
Old May 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I am glad Al posted this. I believe I was the first victim and didn't say anything about it. It didn't do anyone any good actually by being quiet.

I contacted the customers I could remember selling the intakes to but could not remember them all and still have not remembered each one. I had one other fail last weekend.

Hopefully this doesn't burn any bridges with Tom at Driven Innovations because I also feel he is a great guy building a great product.

Now that the word is out though I'd like to describe the problem further so ANYONE who has one of these can get it fixed immediately.

There are two stands welded to the intake manifold flange. These stands are what the fuel rail bolt to. On SOME of the intakes this stand is not welded 360 degrees around the base. Those are the only ones having a problem.

The stands broke off the DI intake I had on my RS the day it went 10.02 at 141 mph on 93 octane. Luckily the car just shut off and there was no fire.

Tom will GLADLY take care of the situation if you find your stands are only welded part of the way around the base diameter.

IF you have bought it from us and would like to send it directly back to us we can weld it quickly and return it or you can send it directly to Tom at Driven Innovations.

We had a few intakes on the shelf, two of them were welded about 180 degrees the others have all been 360 degrees.

Al, I feel you did the right thing here. I don't know that Tom or anyone else can figure out who each and every customer is and the chances of a fire are pretty damn high. Three people have been lucky so far.
Old May 21, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, does Dan or yourself check each of these that you install? I am curious because I have one on its way for my build along with the new throttle body that he set me up with and just wondering if you guys check all of these before you install them to make sure none of your customers have this problem?

Thanks
Old May 21, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

I contacted all of my customers the first day I found out that there was an issue! Everyone knew about it right away. Good thing there were only 8 of them that went out with the posts welded 180*. Most of them Dave got the rest I took care of. Suman was supposed to come down after Al got done tuning the car to get the manifold fixed and obviously he didn’t make it. The manifold is already fixed with new posts!

I honestly think that this thread will hurt my business but I guess you live to learn. Bill gates said once "Learning from mistakes and constantly improving products is a key in all successful companies".

I appreciate all of support from everyone! Expect nothing less from DI and I! I will only improve, bring more innovations and great products to this community!

Tom

Last edited by Driven Innovations; May 21, 2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 21, 2008, 09:04 PM
Former Sponsor

I feel as a vendor Al should have contacted Tom first. Would he have done this to the master...the genius?
Old May 21, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Here are some pics one of my customers manifold and the quality of it.

Last edited by Driven Innovations; May 21, 2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old May 21, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm i wonder who that is for? Thought we were waiting for a certain umm change...hehe..

Chris
Old May 21, 2008, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

It is as we speak
Old May 21, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
moooooooooooore pics. moooooooooooooooooore pics. inside, runners, heheh. screw that evo X chick thread.
Old May 21, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
moooooooooooore pics. moooooooooooooooooore pics. inside, runners, heheh. screw that evo X chick thread.
Tom is taking care of a few other changes that we decided to do to the intake. I think he would like to have everything completed before everything gets shown off. I guess call it a teaser.

Very soon grasshopper!

Chris

Quick Reply: Driven Innovations Intake Manifold Saftey Notice