Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

windsplitter/intercooler upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windsplitter/intercooler upgrade

Quick question about the APR carbon fiber wind splitter. I understand that when I upgrade my intercooler which I am getting ready to do that the front crash beam has to modified or removed and the undertray has to be trimmed...will that ruin the integrity of the front bumper so that installation of a windsplitter will be impossible or extremely difficult?

Kind of a dumb question maybe but I just wanna make sure so that I dont order it and have a terrible time with it. Call me overcautious :P
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

What intercooler are you ordering? Removing the front crash beam won't ruin the integrity of the front bumper but it can be hazardous to your vehicle and possibly all that ride within if you have an accident. I have the ETS 3.5" intercooler and maintain my crash beam. I would rather have that protection if the situation ever arises.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Most IC that I know of lets you keep your front crash beam. its aftermarket bumpers that you usually have to remove you crash beam.

I have an AMS IC and I still had my crash beam until I put my aftermarket front bumper on and then had to remove it.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Oh i see well im going with the burschur race core front mount. ill go read up on it maybe it just requires modifying it and not completley removing it i might have read wrong