Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question about the ACT Xtreme CLutch Kit?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about the ACT Xtreme CLutch Kit?

My GF has the o6 Evo IX with the 5speed tranny. Grinds in 5th gear in which I will be changing the Synchros, but while i have it down i mid as well update the stock clutch and throw a steel braided line into it as well.

My question is does anyone have the ACT Xtreme Clutch Kit? Is it worth getting it? Any Problems as of yet?

Done some research all i see is vendors selling them but not much info besides the "sale" info!!

Appreciate the help thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bunni34
My GF has the o6 Evo IX with the 5speed tranny. Grinds in 5th gear in which I will be changing the Synchros, but while i have it down i mid as well update the stock clutch and throw a steel braided line into it as well.

My question is does anyone have the ACT Xtreme Clutch Kit? Is it worth getting it? Any Problems as of yet?

Done some research all i see is vendors selling them but not much info besides the "sale" info!!

Appreciate the help thanks!
The act is a very good clutch. The clutch is a little harder to en-gauge, but it is a great clutch!! Ive seen 4 cars in my area running this clutch and a bunch of cars running very fast times with this clutch.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Xtreme and I regret not going Exedy Twin HD every day. Engaging is hard a lot of the time, and yes it's been adjusted. If it's all you can afford, I would recommend saving up a little longer until you can get a nice twin disk, which is what I should have done.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

damn I heard the Exedy Twin disc has the same issue's and makes lots of noise at starting off, ahhh damn all these damn parts makes it so damn hard to pick and choose!!!

I hear and or read good and bad things about every clutch kit. It may be the install was bad, or it may be some parts are made to perfection and some are not. Who knows.

But what i wanted for the Gf was a kit that felt almost stock but still is able to take good amount of power and feel fine through all the gears.
Im told ACT is good, Exedy is good, and even a HDTPP is pretty good as well. But i also hear bad things with each kit. So im left in the dark to go with something and have a 50/50 chance on it being solid for her.

If it were my car who cares, but c'mon you must all know the CRAP i'll be hearing from her if it's not good!!!! haha!!

Last edited by Bunni34; Jul 21, 2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoRocksUrv8
I have the Xtreme and I regret not going Exedy Twin HD every day. Engaging is hard a lot of the time, and yes it's been adjusted. If it's all you can afford, I would recommend saving up a little longer until you can get a nice twin disk, which is what I should have done.
I'm fixing to get the Act street clutch kit + the Streetlite flywheel...It's not the Xtreme duty one you got, but does anyone think I'll regret it? Many, many Evo owners run with it and most everyone likes everything about it. And I've heard that the "high rpm lock-out problem" can be easily solved if it is installed correctly.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

so far i've installed 4 EVO Stock Clutches, so it's pretty much easy as pie for me, just wanna get a good and reliable one.

I was looking at the STREET compared to the EXTREME....my buddy had the Extreme and told me it was the best one he had over the pucked ones he used to have. Complete Disc is better anyway from my knowledge. But i drove his when i worked on it, and was prety good feeling to me. So i'll prob get the Extreme.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

I have the ACT XTSS kit with the Prolite flywheel.

Much heavier than the stock unit but it can hold!!! No lockout either even at 8000rpm no-lift-shifts...

When this clutch dies i will probably use their 6pack disc with the same combo unless i have the money to go carbon... Very happy with it...

PErformance/price ratio is unbeatable!!!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run the ACT HD clutch and prolite flywheel I believe. My friends father installed it and has felt great from day one with just the stock clutch line. So while it was down I I bought a AMS steel braided line that i installed.

As for the clutch pedal feel was even better after the install. You could notice it a lot. It engages with the slightest pressure. All you need to be is on it just a lil and it will disengage. I dont think its hard pedal feel at all either. My fiance drives the car also and thinks it has a very nice feel and effortless.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome...thanx for the pick me up guys..I'm going with the ACT HD Extreme!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:40 PM

I have the XTSS and Streetlite flywheel in my 03 and I think it does a good job. I had to adjust it a bit to get the high-rpm lockout fixed but it does the trick. For some reason mine is a little noisy, but then again my friends say I need to go deaf because they say I freak out every time I hear the slightest tick

BTW, your gf will have a nicely-toned left leg if the pedal is anything like mine... ooooo la la!!! LOL
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by koolaidesi

BTW, your gf will have a nicely-toned left leg if the pedal is anything like mine... ooooo la la!!! LOL

Haha..mmmmmm Left Leeeeg!

It's not a DD tg..
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Can i run the Extreme kit with the stock FW? or do i have to Upgrade it?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

Ive had Exedy Twin Disc and 2 ACT clutches. I currently have the Xtreme and I love it, Ill take it over Exedy.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:59 PM

Wow.. ^^^^Thats got to be the first time I've ever heard someone take an ACT clutch or a Exedy. And not have anything to do with the price.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Str8Nasty
Wow.. ^^^^Thats got to be the first time I've ever heard someone take an ACT clutch or a Exedy. And not have anything to do with the price.
Well my exedy lasted like 8k. Thats horrible considering I paid $1500 for it.

My ACT street clutch held up for 30k+ and 10k was @ 500whp, that clutch is not rated anywhere near that and still wasnt slipping.

I went back with the Xtreme 6 puck. , so far so good.

Quick Reply: Question about the ACT Xtreme CLutch Kit?