Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

odyssey PC680 battery (pissed me off tonight)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
odyssey PC680 battery (pissed me off tonight)

so there i was, under my hood, installing my new cone intake. im about all finished up, and im reconnecting the negative battery terminal to my mini battery (odyssey PC680 battery) and then it happened, the terminal snapped free from the battery. i freaked out at first, but then i checked to see if the car would start, and it did. i drove it around, and it seemed fine. so i drove to the movies.

so i was sitting in batman, and it started raining. i got tired and decided to call it a night. i walk outside and try to start my car, the damn car has power for a split second, but then dies before it starts.

i think to myself that it has something to do with the battery terminal problem i had earlier mixed with the rain. so long story short i had to call someone to pick me up, and order a new battery online. meanwhile, my car sits out in the rain overnight...

UPDATE: i need to get the car out of that movie theater parking lot, and i could call my insurance company for roadside assistance. im hoping that i can just jump the car with the stock battery after work.

Last edited by Davethewave; Jul 24, 2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

battery relocation ftw
Old Jul 23, 2008, 09:58 PM
Account Disabled

i was just about to order this battery...are you saying its gona die if the cars out in the rain and it gets wet?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

I would also like an explanation of why op thinks rain had anything to do with it.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

lol no thats not what is going to happen. im sure it was dead because of the terminal breaking.

on another note, its cheaper and frees up even more room under the hood to relocate it. Not to mention you still have all the (reserve) power of a full size battery. And, not sure how winters are in maryland, but some also have issues in the winter...especially if not driving everyday
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
I would also like an explanation of why op thinks rain had anything to do with it.
im also curious why the op disco'd the battery to change out a cone filter.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8zip
battery relocation ftw
+1 Make sure you do it right though. I started off with the 4 gauge battery wire and every now and then I would have to get a jump start. I finally changed it to a 2 gauge battery wire.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

+1 Make sure you do it right though. I started off with the 4 gauge battery wire and every now and then I would have to get a jump start. I finally changed it to a 2 gauge battery wire.
i started with 1 gauge, no problems since
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8zip
i started with 1 gauge, no problems since
Do you still get the instant start-up of a stock battery?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Ive had mine for 2 years now and still starts everytime!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

absolutely. Went through 2 pc680's before i finally decided to do this. Night and day difference on start up...especially in the cold or when the car has sat for a day or 2.

***probably shouldn't have went through 2 batteries, but I had the "electrical gremlins problem and had my dash/engine harnesses replaced...those were killing the battery.

But still, 100% better with a full size...and I can actually run the radio with the car off without it dying in 2 minutes haha. Drive-ins suck when you gotta start your car every few minutes
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well, what I meant was do you have to crank the engine any longer? I remember when my battery was in the front, I barely had to crank the engine for it to start. Now that my battery is in the trunk, it takes a slightly longer crank to get it to start.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Well, what I meant was do you have to crank the engine any longer? I remember when my battery was in the front, I barely had to crank the engine for it to start. Now that my battery is in the trunk, it takes a slightly longer crank to get it to start.
yes, it cranks right up. My "absolutely" was in direct response to your question...then I kinda went on a tangent lol
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

evohung---where did you ground the negative terminal?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Oh haha. Well I guess we're getting off topic here. I grounded the terminal on that side bolt the the rear bumper bolts up to. I added another ground where the long bolt goes into the spare tire. It seemed to help.

Last edited by EvoHung; Jul 23, 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: odyssey PC680 battery (pissed me off tonight)