Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

odyssey PC680 battery (pissed me off tonight)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ehh thats ok....sounds like it was just a rant anyway haha...and we're giving him valuable info!

Well, i was thinkin maybe you ran a long ground (like maybe to the front...yes, i've heard people do it) so I dunno why it takes a couple turns to crank over......did you make sure its a good metal-metal contact? I dremeled the paint off where I connected mine (little bracket thing in the spare wheel well). Thats the only thing I could think of that would make it not turn over normal.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I sanded mines down before bolting it to the chassis. It does start up ALOT better with the extra ground and the 2 gauge battery wire. It just doesn't start up like stock. Maybe my battery has been drained from the 4 gauge battery wire I had hooked up before I changed it?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm I dunno...i guess its possible....electronics are goofy like that. did you move your stock battery or did you replace it? If replaced, does it have the same ca and cca? If its the original battery, it could just be gettin old as well.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

I just moved it. I was thinking about getting it tested at autozone today but it started raining. I'm going to get it checked tomorrow.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

sounds good....itll probably test out fine but a spankin new one would most likely help the quick startup if its botherin ya!

im outta here, dont have a clue why im up so late anyway ha.....GL with it!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

when relocating to the back did you run the + wire through the car or just under the car?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

it died as a result of me trying to over-tighten one of the conection screws down. ive had this battery for about a month, and its been great the whole time. with the smaller battery the car still starts just like normal. i just caved and bought a new battery last night, i overnighted it UPS, it was like $183 with overnight shipping.

oh, and your always supposed to disconnect the battery before working on your car buddy!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8zip
im also curious why the op disco'd the battery to change out a cone filter.
i was switching from an ARC box intake to a BR Cone intake. so i had to disconnect the MAF sensor.

and to clearify, i wasnt 100% accurate when i said that the terminal broke free. what i mean by that is; that the entire negative terminal assembly (the whole piece that extends into the battery) started spinning in place, instead of being stationary, also when i removed the negative connection from that terminal last night, it pulled the terminal assembly almost all the way up and out of the battery.

so now this battery is just complete junk.

also, ive thought about doing a battery relocation to the trunk, but i would like it if someone could refer me to a tutorial with working pics, ive heard of how to do this, but i just never found one that i completely understood.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brazilbro
when relocating to the back did you run the + wire through the car or just under the car?

I would suggest running the wire up under the door sills and then into the engine bay through the grommet. I have a neg on one side and the pos on the other. belt and suspenders approach. There is room enough for a big cable.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

brazilbro--Like "nothere" said, I ran mine through the existing hole on the passenger side of the firewall.

Dave--wow $183 for a mini battery? man it cost less than that for a full size battery and the hardware I needed to relocate to the trunk. And if it wasn't for doing it in a parking lot in the snow, it woulda took <2 hours to finish. Also, i thought you were just changing filter for a new filter. I take mine off every few weeks or so to clean it without disco'ing the battery.

Brazil and Dave---there are several "how to's" on this forum, are the pics not working anymore? I'll see if I can find the ones I used to do mine. VERY easy thing to do.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8zip
brazilbro--Like "nothere" said, I ran mine through the existing hole on the passenger side of the firewall.

Dave--wow $183 for a mini battery? man it cost less than that for a full size battery and the hardware I needed to relocate to the trunk. And if it wasn't for doing it in a parking lot in the snow, it woulda took <2 hours to finish. Also, i thought you were just changing filter for a new filter. I take mine off every few weeks or so to clean it without disco'ing the battery.

Brazil and Dave---there are several "how to's" on this forum, are the pics not working anymore? I'll see if I can find the ones I used to do mine. VERY easy thing to do.
thats with the $50 overnight shipping
Old Jul 24, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

i know...but you could have probably went to a auto-parts store and audio place to get everything you needed for less than that (im kinda spoiled because i live a few minutes away from summit....so i didnt think about shipping time from them).

Anyway, do a search for "battery relocation" for those of you who are interested...heres a guy selling his stuff cheap:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ery+relocation

here's a good how to:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=137648

and heres a thread showing a few setups:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ery+relocation
Old Jul 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Well turns out my battery was on its way out. I guess so since its been five years that I have had the car now. I was in denial. Bought a new battery and the thing cranks and starts the engine like its nobody's business. Oh yeah, I followed the tutorial on here as well.