Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

shaft vibration help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaft vibration help

hi i have just one question in my car (evo 9 gsr speed 6) when i start my car in natuer (not in any gear i mean) and when ı push gas pedal in 4000-4500 rpm a vibration comes from down when we look down my shaft vibration seems very good because when the guy fits a screwdriver to shaft near to transfercase vibration gets out the same promlem starts when ı was driving my car. i also take my engines head out and fit again to make port polish.and my clutch is hks twin plate my clutch finished its life i will chance it. is this problem can be from clutch or from head operation ı dont understand? best regards.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

So your shaft is vibrating very good? Your obvious problem is that you're picking up good vibrations. They're giving you excitations.

All jokes aside, even the most obvious one about looking down and seeing your shaft vibrating, what shaft are you talking about? If it's not a balance shaft, or a crank shaft, or a cam shaft, you might wanna try the transmission forums. That said, I don't really have any clue what you're talking about. Your clutch shouldn't vibrate when it's engaged in neutral unless it's royally blowed up, but I don't know of any shafts right there I would pry on with a screw driver...what WAS he doing with the screw driver??

I understand you're from turkey, but you'll have to be a little clearer if you want a good answer. Your "bump" was perfect though, although I usually give it more than 7 minutes.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by icantdrive75
So your shaft is vibrating very good? Your obvious problem is that you're picking up good vibrations. They're giving you excitations.

All jokes aside, even the most obvious one about looking down and seeing your shaft vibrating, what shaft are you talking about? If it's not a balance shaft, or a crank shaft, or a cam shaft, you might wanna try the transmission forums. That said, I don't really have any clue what you're talking about. Your clutch shouldn't vibrate when it's engaged in neutral unless it's royally blowed up, but I don't know of any shafts right there I would pry on with a screw driver...what WAS he doing with the screw driver??

I understand you're from turkey, but you'll have to be a little clearer if you want a good answer. Your "bump" was perfect though, although I usually give it more than 7 minutes.
You're a tool lol...the bump thing was funny
Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
You're a tool.
I save a lot of money on ratchets.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I think the issue is from the clutch
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:36 AM

i think he may have been speaking about the propellor shaft
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
check timing marks on the balance shaft since the head came off.